Principal Experience Designer
At Symphony, we're on a mission to help people communicate, collaborate, and enjoy their work. Our flexible, secure messaging platform is changing the way people do business in the financial services industries — and that’s only the beginning.
We aspire to deliver an intuitive, delightful experience that helps people extract meaning from the madness in today’s noisy landscape of business communication.
To accomplish this, we need a world-class design organization that’s passionate, empathetic, and excited to take on huge challenges. That’s where you come in.
We're looking for a creative, passionate, and detail-oriented Principal Experience Designer.
Our ideal candidate is a design generalist who is as comfortable hashing out big-picture workflow and strategy as they are prototyping detailed visual and interaction execution.
As Principal Designer, you'll help manifest Symphony's overall product vision across all channels that face the customer — from our product experiences across Mac, Windows, Web, and mobile, to our marketing materials and our corporate website.
You'll work closely with a growing team of visual and UX designers, developers, product managers, and marketing managers to refine and drive our experience strategy, deliver seamless workflows, and craft refined and engaging product experiences.
As Principal Designer, you’ll anchor our experience design practice, collaborate with technical and business leadership, serve as a mentor for our growing design and research team, and act as a key partner to our Head of Design, Chief Product Officer, and CEO.
- You care about the little details and the big picture, and move nimbly between strategy and execution
- You’re a natural problem solver who loves a good challenge
- You iterate quickly, incorporating feedback from stakeholders
- You work well both autonomously and as part of a vibrant and diverse team
- You adapt quickly and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- You have the proven ability to shape the direction and execution of projects from start to finishYou have a strong portfolio that displays your thought process through design artifacts, including code, prototypes, drawings, and storyboards
- You are a maker and a do-er, and are always hungry to take up new skill-sets that keep your design chops fresh.
- You balance a data driven-approach with inspired creativity
- Lead all aspects of design for a complex product or feature set
- Develop elegant and effective user experiences
- 10+ years’ experience in experience design for marketing and product (Web, mobile, and desktop)
- 5+ years working at a Lead, Principal, or higher level
- Comfortable delivering all aspects of design, both personally and as a leader
- Extensive understanding of standard design patterns and systems, especially Google Material Design, Android, and iOSExceptional interpersonal skills and a great sense of humor
- An exceptional online portfolio that shows off your strength and range as a designer (please include a link in your application)
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
- Solid agile / lean UX fundamentals
- Experience with HTML/CSS for prototyping
- Experience working with animation
- Experience with iPad/tablet design
- Experience driving and incorporating user research at all stages of development
Established in September 2014 after raising $66 million from 15 of the world’s largest financial institutions, Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve their productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Today, Symphony is trusted by a growing list of financial services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe.
In August 2015, the Enterprise Edition launched, making Symphony available to companies that handle and transfer sensitive information in regulated environments. A month later, Symphony launched worldwide, introducing its content partner ecosystem, starting with Dow Jones, McGraw-Hill Financial’s S&P Capital IQ, and Selerity, with others on their way. Then, in October 2015, the company received an additional injection of over $100 million in funding from both new and existing investors. In other words, Symphony is on the move!
Now we’re looking for top-notch designers, developers, programmers, and sales engineers (etc.) to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, London, and Hong Kong to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
Competitive base salary, bonus, and incentive (stock option) plan / health/dental/vision/401k
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony appreciates your interest in our company. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
Thibaud creates product specs for Symphony’s new features and manages them through the development cycle. He works with his team and Symphony’s clients to marry each side’s wants and needs and to create the best possible product.
Back to top