We are seeking a passionate and experienced Performance Engineer to build and shape the next generation Test Automation Framework for our mission critical, Enterprise Communication Platform.
The successful candidate is driven and will design, build and maintain a fully automated framework to test speed and throughput of all application layers, including the Java backend, database, web browser and desktop. You will simulate high load (anticipating growth to 1M+ users), perform various tiers of end-to-end quality testing for an entire suite of Application Integrations including bots, custom UI renderers and application extension. You will work with product delivery teams building high-performance, highly-available and reliable products that support a 24/7 real-time secure communication cloud platform.
If you are a Software Engineer with 8 or more years of professional, server-side Java engineering, experience with scripting (Python, Bash, Groovy), and you’d like to transition from building a product to being a customer advocate engineer that promotes customer satisfaction & build a revolutionary customer experience, please send us a resume for review.
- Design, build and maintain Test Automation Framework for a complex multi-cloud infrastructure (AWS and Google) for large enterprise customers
- Troubleshoot, stabilize and optimize the various day-to-day existing QA automation jobs
- Continuously drive to convert any manual test cases to be part of the Test Automation Framework
- Define best practices to build, implement, maintain, and support Performance Automation
- Estimate test efforts, analyze test results and communicate to the stakeholders
- Contribute to Symphony’s ongoing performance and resiliency testing efforts
- Understand and enhance our test automation frameworks and tools
- Maintain a high quality bar in a complex and constantly evolving workspace
- Responsible for Performance Integration of multiple products
- Develop innovative solutions for quality engineering, data analysis and highly generic automation frameworks to promote Quality as a Service
- 5+ years’ experience developing and driving performance; at least 3 years’ of this with large scale Enterprise Cloud-based web applications using server-side Java
- Professional experience in designing, building and supporting test automation frameworks for Cloud Enterprise Java applications (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Strong experience in QA automation tools such as Selenium with BDDs test creation
- Proven scripting experience in one or more of the following languages & tools - Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, Jmeter, LoadRunner or other performance tools.
- Hands-on experience in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience in B2B Enterprise Large client-server infrastructure, UI, backend APIs
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly collaborative global environment
- Passionate about automating all things and understand the importance of being a customer advocate
- Experience with GitHub or similar source code management tools
- Advanced knowledge of development tools to troubleshoot web-based applications
- Strong problem solving skills and good understanding of the best practices and importance of Test Automation processes
- Worked in a Agile/Scrum environment supporting Cloud products
- Nice to have:
- Prior experience in functional, performance, scalability and stress testing for 24/7 real-time enterprise web communication platform
- Experience testing micro-services
Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and companies improve their productivity while maintaining the highest standards of data security and regulatory compliance. The company started out in the demanding world of global finance, bringing secure collaboration to the biggest banks and asset managers. The challenges honed the company's focus and spurred refinement and innovation of its technology. As new workplace challenges emerge, Symphony pledges to help its clients conquer them.
Today, Symphony is trusted by over 400 financial services companies including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale. The business is well funded and its investors are also customers, so Symphony is uniquely positioned for a bright future. The company is truly global with offices and customers all around the world, offering employees a unique global workplace and perspective.
Employee satisfaction is important to the company's leadership team. In 2019, 82% of all employees said they were proud to work for the company. Symphony is a fun place to work where individual and team achievement is celebrated.
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Note: If considered for a position you will be subject to a criminal background check. A conviction is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case will be considered on its own merits. The nature of the offense, the date of the offense, the surrounding circumstances, the relevance of the offense to the position(s) applied for, and any pattern of offenses may, however, be considered.
Any information provided to us will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy attached for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top