Symphony has an opening for an out-going, friendly, energetic Lobby Ambassador.
This is an entry-level role, and a great way to get your foot in the door at one of the hottest startups inn Silicon Valley.
Career advancement available to other roles over time as you demonstrate your skills and abilities to the team.
Full-time job with generous base salary, bonus, benefits and stock options.
- Greet guests in a professional manner and serve as first point of contact for our candidates, clients and employees as they walk through the door
- Perform daily “quality checks” around the office
- Manage local vendor relationships, including: catering and other supplies delivery services
- Core member of the Culture & Events Club
- Answer phone calls and direct them to the appropriate parties
- Be the main point of contact with building management
- Order and maintain all Palo Alto office supplies and track inventory / savings
- Assist with mailing and deliveries to/from Palo Alto offices
- Liaise between the NY, UK and Palo Alto offices when it comes to IT support, on-boarding, employee exits, training sessions and company-wide events
- Assist IT, Operations, HR & Staffing teams with on-boarding new hires in Palo Alto, including: new hire desk set up, collection of new hire paperwork, and special projects
- BA / BS degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to easily connect with all types of people and at all levels of the organization (from entry-level to senior executive-level employees)
- Friendly, out-going personality
- Customer service and hospitality attitude
- Interested in event planning
- Proficiency with Google apps (Gmail, Gcal and Gdocs) and Microsoft Office products
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; must be able to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently while also contributing to a high-performing, global team
DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience using and trouble-shooting a variety of office equipment, including: scanners, printers, fax machines, wifi connection, A/V, etc.
- Prior experience as a Lobby Ambassador working in a tech start up office environment (with 50-300 employees preferred)
Established in September 2014 after raising $66 million from 15 of the world’s largest financial institutions, Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve their productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Today, Symphony is trusted by a growing list of financial services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe.
In August 2015, the Enterprise Edition launched, making Symphony available to companies that handle and transfer sensitive information in regulated environments. A month later, Symphony launched worldwide, introducing its content partner ecosystem, starting with Dow Jones, McGraw Hill Financial’s S&P Capital IQ and Selerity, with others on their way. Then, in October 2015, the company received an additional injection of over $100 million in funding from both new and existing investors. In other words, Symphony is on the move!
Now we’re looking for top-notch developers, programmers and sales engineers (etc.) to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, London and Hong Kong to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team, and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we definitely want to hear from you.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(K) Plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage ! Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive Base Salary, bonus, and Incentive (Stock Option) plan
Symphony appreciates your interest in our company.
Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
Front-End Software Engineer
Matt and his team creates every one of Symphony's interaction tools. They work with customers in mind, making sure everything users come across on the company browser is functional and beautiful.
Back to top