Lead User Experience Analyst
At Symphony, our mission is to help people communicate, collaborate, and enjoy work. Our flexible, secure messaging platform is changing the way people do business in the financial services industries — and that’s just the beginning.
We aspire to deliver an intuitive, delightful experience that helps people extract meaning from the madness in today’s noisy landscape of business communication. To accomplish this, we need a world-class design organization that’s passionate, empathetic, and excited to take on huge challenges. That’s where you come in. We need someone who can crunch the numbers and deliver useful insights.
We're looking for an independent, curious, and empathetic Lead UX Analyst who can apply both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods to help us achieve our vision.
You’ll be responsible for building our user experience research practice.
You’ll partner with and support our product management and design teams with the best insights possible about current and future designs.
You'll work closely with an amazing team of visual and UX designers, writers, product managers, account managers, and community specialists to integrate user experience research and data analysis into every design and product decision.
- You’re a natural problem solver who loves a good challenge
- You’re an innovative and pragmatic analyst who is able to bring a variety of methods to bear on any given challenge
- You work well both autonomously and as part of a vibrant and diverse team
- You adapt quickly and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- You have the proven ability to generate and communicate impactful insights that shape the direction and execution of projects from start to finish
- You communicate clearly visually, in writing, and verbally, engaging your audience and bringing data to life.
- Understand our current and target users and determine key aspects of user experience and interaction
- Drive all aspects of UX analysis for a complex product
- Work with writers, designers, and product managers to develop a superlative user experience based on qualitative and quantitative user data
- Communicate with customers, users, account managers, and community specialists to develop use cases, personas, journey maps, and usability assessments
- Travel 25%, both domestically and internationally
- 5 to 8 years experience in user experience research
- 3+ years experience applying quantitative data collection methods (analytics)
- Experience in a fast-moving product-development environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a great sense of humor
- Deep understanding of human cognition and sociology
- Statistical and analytical skills
- Graduate degree in psychology, human computer interaction, cognition, or similar
- Experience working with data visualization, pivot tables, analytics
- Experience with financial services industry
- Experience managing outside contractors and agency partners
- Experience researching productivity and communication solutions for enterprise environments
Established in September 2014 after raising $66 million from 15 of the world’s largest financial institutions, Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform. We helps individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Today, Symphony is trusted by a growing list of financial services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe.
In August 2015, the Enterprise Edition launched, making Symphony available to companies that handle and transfer sensitive information in regulated environments. A month later, Symphony launched worldwide, introducing its content partner ecosystem, starting with Dow Jones, McGraw Hill Financial S&P Capital IQ, and Selerity, with others on their way. Then, in October 2015, the company received an additional injection of over $100 million in funding from both new and existing investors. In other words, Symphony is on the move!
Now we’re looking for top-notch developers, programmers, and sales engineers (etc.) to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, London, and Hong Kong to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we definitely want to hear from you.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) Plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
Competitive base salary, bonus, and incentive (stock option)
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. We appreciate your interest in our company. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top