Lead Software Engineer - Platform Integration
We are seeking a Lead Java Engineer with outstanding communication skills. The successful candidate will not only be able to lead an agile Scrum team, but also be able to work closely with our partners, vendors and clients to support them in the integration efforts.
This agile Scrum team lead is responsible for the completion of successful sprints. This requires collaborating with developers, designers, QA engineers, and product managers on the team and more broadly across the organization. They must be able to comfortably participate in backlog grooming; project sizing; sprint planning; and code and design review..
The Platform lead at Symphony will be responsible for customers successfully using the Symphony platform, so a significant portion of the role is understanding customer use cases, validating technical solutions, and building and documenting those solutions. It’s imperative that this candidate be able to articulately communicate at the right level depending on the audience, and they must have a high level of communication precision. In this role:
- You will deal with huge customer and industry demand for integrating 3rd party content and enterprise applications.
- You will deliver features with a focus on maintainability, security, and scaling to a large number of partner integrations
- You will expand and enhance the Symphony Platform’s integration capabilities using REST APIs, webhooks, proxies and even UX frameworks.
You will contribute directly to the development of Symphony’s platform integration interfaces, and have strong relationship management and communications skills to work directly with outside organizations to help create a complete technical solution.
- Provide sophisticated back-end integration hooks into Symphony’s core messaging platform; supporting integration with secure message “bots,” content and trading platform information feeds, and other server-side applications
- Communicate with clients, partners and vendors, via e-mail, chat and phone to support their efforts integrating with the Symphony Platform while adapting the level of technical jargon to match the audience. Handling these complex stakeholders and delivering a strategic solution is the core of this challenging and crucial role.
- Work with clients and industry partners to provide education on our interfaces and assist in integrating with Symphony at both an architectural and code level
- Work with Product Designers and fellow developers to design and implement the next generation of Symphony’s front-end interfaces and server/back-end development
- Design and implement distributed & highly concurrent Java based enterprise services
- Provide mentorship for engineering colleagues and team members
- Participate constructively and collaboratively in design and code reviews
- Follow Symphony’s architecture team’s guidance and strategy for implementing the future state of Symphony i.e. focus on microservices.
- Outstanding technical communications skills and stakeholder management
- 5+ years experience developing Java applications and REST interfaces
- Experience developing high quality distributed server side apps in Java
- Experience with open source frameworks & tools
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with NoSQL & SQL databases, Vertex, Kafka, Solr, Tomcat, HBase, Hadoop, ZooKeeper, Mongo or Camel and similar technologies
- Experience in any of the following: security software & encryption, distributed systems, persistence, caching or concurrent programming
Established in September 2014 after raising $66 million from 15 of the world’s largest financial institutions, Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve their productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Today, Symphony is trusted by a growing list of financial services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe.
In August 2015, the Enterprise Edition launched, making Symphony available to companies that handle and transfer sensitive information in regulated environments. A month later, Symphony launched worldwide, introducing its content partner ecosystem, starting with Dow Jones, McGraw Hill Financial’s S&P Capital IQ and Selerity, with others on their way. Then, in October 2015, the company received an additional injection of over $100 million in funding from both new and existing investors. In other words, Symphony is on the move!
Now we’re looking for top-notch developers, programmers and sales engineers (etc.) to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, London and Hong Kong to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team, and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we definitely want to hear from you.
$100 million in new funding:
- Competitive salary based on experience, skills, and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(K) Plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive Base Salary and Incentive (Stock Option) plan (We accept existing H1B Visa applicants)
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Symphony appreciates your interest in our company. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
Front-End Software Engineer
Matt and his team creates every one of Symphony's interaction tools. They work with customers in mind, making sure everything users come across on the company browser is functional and beautiful.
Back to top