Lead Software Development Engineer in Test
We are seeking an experienced SDET/QA automation lead to join the Symphony engineering group which will build and shape the next generation Test Automation framework system for various internal environments.
The successful candidate will design, implement and maintain a fully automated system to perform various tiers of end-to-end quality testing for entire suite of Symphony products. You will work with product delivery teams building high-performance, highly-available and reliable products that support 24/7 real-time secure communication cloud platform.
If you are a Software Engineer with 5 or more years of professional, server-side Java engineering, and you have experience with scripting (Python, Bash, Groovy), and you’d like to transition from building a product to being a customer advocate engineer that promote customer satisfaction and revolutionize customer experience, please send us a resume for review.
- Design, build and maintain Test Automation framework for a complex multi-cloud infrastructure (AWS and Google) for large enterprise customers
- Troubleshoot, stabilize and optimize the various day-to-day existing QA automation jobs
- Continuously drive to convert any manual test cases to be part of the Test automation framework
- Define best practices to implement and maintain, build, and support Test automation framework
- Estimate test efforts, analyze test results and communicate to the stakeholders
- Contribute to Symphony’s ongoing functional, regression, performance and resiliency testing efforts
- Understand and enhance our test automation frameworks and tools
- Maintain a high quality bar in a complex and constantly evolving workspace
- Responsible for quality of multiple products coming out of the organization
- Develop innovative solutions for quality engineering, data analysis and highly generic automation frameworks to promote Quality as a Service
- 5+ years of professional server-side Java software engineering experience
- 8+ years of professional experience in designing, building and supporting test automation frameworks for Java applications
- 2+ years of professional experience in designing, building and supporting test automation frameworks for Cloud Enterprise Java applications
- 3 years as a Lead mentoring and coaching SDET’s
- Strong experience in QA automation tools such as Selenium with BDDs test creation
- 3+ years scripting experience in one or more of the following languages - Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl
- Hands-on experience in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience in client-server infrastructure, UI, backend APIs
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly collaborative global environment
- Passionate about automating all things and understand the importance of being a customer advocate
- Experience with GitHub or similar source code management tools
- Advanced knowledge of development tools to troubleshoot web-based applications
- Strong problem solving skills and good understanding of the best practices and importance of Test Automation processes
- Worked in a Agile/Scrum environment supporting Cloud products
- Working experiences with CI/CD tools: Jenkins Pipeline and plugins, Artifactory, and Github
- Good understanding and some hands on experiences with cloud computing platforms: AWS, Google Cloud, etc.
- Prior experience in functional, performance, scalability and stress testing for 24/7 real-time enterprise web communication platform
- Experience testing micro-services
- Good understanding of security, privacy, regulated industry, compliance
- Interest in privacy research and privacy aspects of cloud computing
- Understanding secure client key delivery mechanisms
SYMPHONY TECHNOLOGY STACK:
Symphony is a secure, cloud-based messaging and workflow platform for teams, workgroups and organizations of all sizes helping to improve their productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Founded in 2014, today Symphony is trusted by a growing list of top financial services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe. Symphony has raised $170 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale and also Google. We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team in Palo Alto, New York, London, Hong Kong, and Singapore to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary, Bonus Plan, Equity
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Symphony appreciates your interest in our company. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
As a UX developer, Matt perfects the surface of the app, collaborating with his cross-functional team as they translate user feedback into code to create a truly enjoyable user experience.
Back to top