Lead Java Software Engineer - Core Patterns
Symphony is a platform that provides end-to-end secure messaging. Weʼre looking for a motivated, productive, team-oriented, and hands-on Lead or Senior Software Engineer to join our Core Patterns team.
The Core Patterns team's mission is build the platform, which serves as the distributed systems foundation for all of Symphony’s application development. We are building all common layers to manage a containerized micro-service architecture used by the rest of the Symphony application engineering teams to build, deploy and operate Symphony on a global scale. This system manages millions of API transactions from across multiple regions of the world and provides high-availability and fault tolerant failover between the regions.
We are investing deeply in reliability improvements to support our scale and business criticality of our containerized applications. Operational automation, testing, and performance improvement is critical to the success of everything we are building. We are looking to expand the team with software developers that can advance not only the functionality of the platform, but also keep a strong focus on the operational challenges around keeping the platform reliable as it continues to scale.
- Design and build core services of the Symphony collaboration and messaging platform
- Design and implement distributed & highly concurrent Java-based enterprise services, including micro-services in the core platform
- Redesign legacy backend APIs and refactor existing modules to achieve best practice message system performance around messages, notifications and signals, including data model changes where necessary
- Help us a create a software stack that enables clean separation of business logic from plumbing to maximize developer efficiency and transparency
- Work with Product Management and fellow developers to design and implement the next generation of Symphony messaging and user API’s
- Act as an application and software architect in your respective domain, provide technical leadership and mentoring for a small team of developers, as well as provide guidance and technical expertise across the organization
- 8+ years experience designing and implementing high-performance, high-quality, horizontally scalable, distributed, multi-tier, server-side Java applications
- Ability to work with large code base, identify problems, and suggest solutions
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical fiel
- Experience improving the performance, reliability and operational automation of complex, multi-tier systems
- Experience with container management platforms (Mesos, Swarm and Kubernetes) and container runtimes (Docker and rkt)
- Experience addressing performance issues across the whole stack from applications to operating systems
- Experience building business-critical, large-scale systems with extreme availability
- Experience designing and implementing micro-service or Service Oriented applications
- Experience with public clouds including AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
Symphony has raised $233 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(K) plan, Life and AD&D coverage, Short-term and long-term disability coverage, Employee assistance program, Flexible spending account benefits, Unlimited vacation and sick time, Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches, Discounted gym memberships, Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
Competitive salary, Bonus Plan, Equity
Symphony appreciates your interest in our company.
Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
Director, Engineering Operations
As the Director of Engineering Operations for product delivery, Lily works to create an ecosystem at Symphony where everyone in the department—both internal and external—is getting what they need to succeed.
Back to top