Lead Accountant - EMEA
- Sophia Antipolis, France
Established in 2014, Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that securely connects markets, organizations and individuals. Powered by a growing and open app ecosystem, and protected with customer-controlled encryption key infrastructure, Symphony’s communications platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony unifies the enterprise workflow to boost productivity in any information-centric business.
Symphony currently has over 510,000 users from more than 340 companies worldwide, powering over 60 million monthly messages.
Symphony is seeking an Accountant for our office in Sophia Antipolis, France. We are looking for a multifaceted individual to join our Finance Team. The candidate will be doing full-cycle accounting functions for our EMEA operations, including balancing the books, journal entries, payroll, and bank reconciliations.
- Support the month-end close, including the preparation of closing entries
- Assist with monthly variance analysis and re-classes
- Manage day to day accounts payable including PO and Non-PO invoice processing
- Process monthly payroll and any compliance related support
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations
- Prepare detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Review and process expense reports via Expensify in accordance with company policy
- Participate in the formulation of policy for the department, researching and recommending effective policies and procedures that represent the best industry practice. Identifies and addresses needs for improved work flow processes, including centralization, standardization, and automation of procedures
- Support annual financial statement audits and tax
- Support the annual filing of the France R&D grant
- Participate in special assignments and activities as the need arises
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from a top tier university
- 2+ years of experience in Accounting
- Problem-solver who can roll-up their sleeves to deliver results while implementing solutions to support the Company’s future growth
- Ability to multi-task among different projects and deadlines; a motivated self-starter who can run with their own projects and work as a team
- Detail focused, organized, and detailed, with a desire for continuous improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and French
- Experience using Netsuite a plus but not required
- SaaS experience preferred
Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and companies improve their productivity while maintaining the highest standards of data security and regulatory compliance. The company started out in the demanding world of global finance, bringing secure collaboration to the biggest banks and asset managers. The challenges honed the company's focus and spurred refinement and innovation of its technology. As new workplace challenges emerge, Symphony pledges to help its clients conquer them.
Today, Symphony is trusted by over 400 financial services companies including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale. The business is well funded and its investors are also customers, so Symphony is uniquely positioned for a forward-thinking future. The company is truly global with offices and customers all around the world, offering employees a unique global workplace and perspective.
Employee satisfaction is important to the company's leadership team. In 2019, 82% of employees said they were proud to work for the company. Symphony is a fun place to work where individual and team achievement is celebrated.
Benefits and perks*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
- Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form and submission of the appropriate documents for identity and work authorization.
Any information provided to us will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy attached for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top