Information Security Engineer, Cloud Security
At Symphony, we’re on a mission to help people communicate, collaborate and enjoy their work. Our secure messaging and meetings platform is changing the way people do business in information sensitive industries. Our customers are fast-paced, and rely on Symphony to keep up, while ensuring complete data privacy and information security.
The Information Security team at Symphony has an eye for the intersection of security, compliance, risk management, and business opportunity. We are seeking a passionate and experienced Information Security Engineer to support our commitment to security, by providing security expertise around the architecture and design of cloud assets.
You will design and develop cloud security guidance, perform secure design reviews and contribute to security awareness initiatives that educate our Product Managers and Engineers on building systems that delight our Customers, and are also compliant & meet global security standards. This role reports to the Senior Director of Information Security and is a critical part of Symphony’s Security Program, to help protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets across our internal corporate and Customer environments.
- Consult with Product and Engineering teams on security solutions to protect the Symphony Platform, with a focus on cloud & infrastructure security
- Perform security reviews, threat modeling for critical Symphony Platform or corporate architecture
- Design and document cloud & infrastructure security guidance for Symphony’s Security risk, compliance, and policy initiatives
- Provide security expertise in the analysis and remediation phases of security events, vulnerabilities, and incidents
- Evangelize security within Symphony, support cloud & infrastructure Security Education Training and Awareness campaigns
- Collaborate with colleagues at all levels of the organization, across all business and technology functions
- Track, triage and schedule component vulnerabilities identified across IT and Cloud infrastructures
- Analyze, identify improvements, and optimize team processes
- Cross-train with team members on all other Information Security initiatives such as general Vulnerability Management, Security Reviews, Security Policy Compliance & Awareness, Customer Engagement & Security Certifications (e.g., SOC 2 / 3)
- Passion for security, team player, creative self-starter who enjoys new challenges
- Experience with Cloud applications (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Excellent listener, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate complicated security, compliance and technical topics in simple terms
- 3-5 years proven experience of combined security and\or IT work experience in a position focused primarily on cloud & infrastructure security
- Knowledge of Information Security standards and secure cloud architecture best practices
- Experience with conducting cloud vulnerability and security assessments a must; network, operating system, database and/or vulnerability assessments and security configuration/hardening audits
- Nice to have:
- AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Security, GCP Cloud Engineer or GCP Cloud Security Engineer
- Java development background
- Python and/or other scripting abilities
- CEH or OSCP certification
- Experience with collaboration tools, mobile applications (iOS or Android) and voice/video
Symphony offers a secure team collaboration platform that transforms the way users communicate effectively and securely with a single workflow application. Forging a new path in the industry, Symphony is designed to help individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve productivity while meeting complex data security and regulatory compliance needs. Symphony was founded in October 2014 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in Hong Kong, London, New York, Paris, Singapore, Sophia-Antipolis, Stockholm and Tokyo.
Symphony has raised roughly $460 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form and submission of the appropriate documents for identity and work authorization.
Back to top