Information Security Engineer
Location: Palo Alto, CA / Status: Full-time
The Symphony security team is looking for a highly motivated individual comfortable using both commercial and Open Source tools, has a strong penchant for automation and has a wide range of technical expertise.
This position will focus on the security of our corporate, production cloud infrastructures and the software components used to power Symphony. You will work closely with DevOPs, IT and software developers to ensure our systems are built securely and remain secure throughout their lifecycle.
- Administer and maintain our corporate firewalls, VPNs, authentication systems, anti-malware and vulnerability/patch management systems
- Conduct periodic scans of networks and systems to find vulnerabilities
- Follow the latest threat and vulnerability feeds, determine if Symphony is impacted and help prioritize and execute remediation activities
- Monitor Symphony’s networks and systems
- Continuously tune our security analytics and monitoring tools to a high degree of accuracy
- 5+ years experience securing highly paranoid environments
- Experience securing either AWS or Google Cloud environments
- Experience with SIEMS
- Experience using scanning tools such as nmap, Qualys, OpenVAS
- At least one (1) year of Linux system administration
DESIRED BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience securing Windows, MAC and Linux
- Experience securing Docker deployments
- Experience with SSO technologies
- Experience setting up and administering Check Point Firewalls
- Experience administering FIM such as Tripwire
- Experience vetting and recommending new tools
- Experience setting up and administering Web Application firewalls
- Experience with Vulnerability and Patch Management Tools
- Background securing financial or military environments
- Development Background in Java
- DevOps experience
- Security Forensics
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
Symphony has raised $170 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) Plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and incentive (stock option) plan
We appreciate your interest in our company.
Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
As a UX developer, Matt perfects the surface of the app, collaborating with his cross-functional team as they translate user feedback into code to create a truly enjoyable user experience.
Back to top