You'll focus on cutting edge features that balance the needs of the user with our Fortune-500 customers. You’ll be solving real world problems related to messaging, notifications and prioritizing content, without compromising compliance and regulatory integration with an enterprise focus. The UI is a first class citizen in our model, and our business is built on providing features and security consideration never before combined.
- Build web applications using cutting edge web development technologies using React and Redux
- Architect and code a simplified, re-imagined user experience for the core product
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks with the current client to improve the performance of the web experience
- Design and build efficient and reusable front-end components that can be used by multiple web applications
- Define the best practices for our new React.js-based codebase and evangelize in the team
- Work with Product Designers to design and implement the next generation of Symphony’s Enterprise products
- Partner with Release Coordinators/Team and Product Managers to deliver according to deadlines
- Bug Triage
- Perform regular code reviews and hold the bar high for checkins
- Charismatic Leadership of team members and Evangelism of technology and product roadmap
- Desire to sweat the “small stuff” - you are dedicated to getting the details right
- 12+ years experience in software development with emphasis on frontend development for a "Architect" position
- 1+ year with React
- 3+ years experience with modern client side frameworks (Angular, Backbone)
- Proven track record delivering great products/technology to end users
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Technical expertise and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and mentorship skills
- BS degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent experience
SYMPHONY'S TECHNOLOGY STACK:
Here’s what we use:
- Babel (ES2015 / ES6)
- Karma / Jasmine
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
Symphony has raised $233 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
Director, Engineering Operations
As the Director of Engineering Operations for product delivery, Lily works to create an ecosystem at Symphony where everyone in the department—both internal and external—is getting what they need to succeed.
Back to top