Frontend Software Engineer - WebRTC Implementation
Responsibilities: You will be responsible for developing, enhancing, and designing a world-class enterprise application for the Symphony platform. Your role will include implementing, and enhancing the web application, alongside a team of world-class developers, designers and software architects. You will be responsible for choosing libraries & frameworks to best meet the needs of the application. You will work with product managers and UI/UX designers to create a secure, seamless webRTC experience.
You'll focus on building cutting edge features within the Symphony web application such as screen/video sharing utilizing webRTC, security, compliance and regulatory integration. The UI is a first class citizen in our model, and our business is built on providing features and security consideration never before combined.
- Work with Product Designers to design and implement the next generation of Symphony’s products
- Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Identify and communicate best practices for front-end engineering
- WebRTC Implementation
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components
- Experience with react, backbone.js, angular.js, node.js and similar technologies
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
SYMPHONY'S TECHNOLOGY STACK:
We selected Apache Kafka, Apache Solr, MongoDB and HBase due to their superior distributed nature, performance, reliability, and ability to scale to the volume of data generated by the expected workload. We built out the ReSTFUL web services layer in a stateless manner using Apache Tomcat, meaning capacity could be added linearly, by simply adding more boxes behind the load balancer.
Established in September 2014 after raising $66 million from 15 of the world’s largest financial institutions, Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve their productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Today, Symphony is trusted by a growing list of financial services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe.
In August 2015, the Enterprise Edition launched, making Symphony available to companies that handle and transfer sensitive information in regulated environments. A month later, Symphony launched worldwide, introducing its content partner ecosystem, starting with Dow Jones, McGraw Hill Financial’s S&P Capital IQ and Selerity, with others on their way. Then, in October 2015, the company received an additional injection of over $100 million in funding from both new and existing investors. In other words, Symphony is on the move!
Now we’re looking for top-notch developers, programmers and sales engineers (etc.) to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, London and Hong Kong to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team, and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we definitely want to hear from you.
$100 million in new funding: https://symphony.com/blog/item/symphony-welcomes-new-investors-and-new-capital
- Competitive salary based on experience, skills, and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(K) Plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive Base Salary and Incentive (Stock Option) plan / Health/Dental/Vision/401k
(We accept existing H1B Visa applicants)
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Symphony appreciates your interest in our company. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
Front-End Software Engineer
Matt and his team creates every one of Symphony's interaction tools. They work with customers in mind, making sure everything users come across on the company browser is functional and beautiful.
Back to top