Enterprise Mobile Engineer, Android
- Sophia Antipolis, France
Established in 2014, Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that securely connects markets, organizations and individuals. Powered by a growing and open app ecosystem, and protected with customer-controlled encryption key infrastructure, Symphony’s communications platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony unifies the enterprise workflow to boost productivity in any information-centric business.
Symphony currently has over 510,000 users from more than 340 companies worldwide, powering over 60 million monthly messages.
Symphony is searching for a motivated, highly productive, collaborative Senior Software Engineer to join our Mobile engineering team. The role is based in Sophia Antipolis, France. The team develops and maintains our core product, an enterprise ready secure collaboration tool.
You will be closely working with product managers and other key teams in the organization to deliver a native enterprise product used by global clients. A qualified candidate needs to be a self-starter, highly proactive, and able to succeed in a highly multifaceted environment. The ideal candidate will have experience building native and extensible frameworks and applications to serve partners and third-party developers in crafting a deep, reliable application ecosystem.
Design and build a world class enterprise mobile application suite for secure text, voice and video communication.
- Design, develop, and ship new and existing features in the mobile ecosystem
- Collaborate with other teams to deliver an outstanding experience in mobile
- Work on an Agile Scrum team to effectively define and scope backlog items and identify risks and interdependencies early
- Conduct code reviews and give mentorship to development teams
- Drive and perform the best engineering practices, maintaining a high bar for quality and craftsmanship
- Maintain a high quality bar with the team in the development process
- Own complete features from design to release
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or related practical experience
- Technical excellence in Java technologies and the Android SDK
- Technical perfection in testing via unit and module testing
- Proven experience crafting and implementing high-performance, enterprise ready Android applications
- Deep familiarity with architecture and design patterns
- Knowledge of service focused designs and techniques (web services, REST, JSON)
- Ability to work well on an Agile Scrum team, effectively define and scope backlog items, and identify risks and interdependencies early
- Proven experience crafting and implementing high-performant, enterprise ready Android applications
- Exposure or professional experience with Kotlin on android
- Exposure or professional experience with iOS
- Experience using tracing and logging systems to diagnose production problems quickly
- Experience building business-critical systems with extreme availability
- Experience with continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Experience with End to End, Automation testing
Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and companies improve their productivity while maintaining the highest standards of data security and regulatory compliance. The company started out in the demanding world of global finance, bringing secure collaboration to the biggest banks and asset managers. The challenges honed the company's focus and spurred refinement and innovation of its technology. As new workplace challenges emerge, Symphony pledges to help its clients conquer them.
Today, Symphony is trusted by over 400 financial services companies including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale. The business is well funded and its investors are also customers, so Symphony is uniquely positioned for a forward-thinking future. The company is truly global with offices and customers all around the world, offering employees a unique global workplace and perspective.
Employee satisfaction is important to the company's leadership team. In 2019, 82% of employees said they were proud to work for the company. Symphony is a fun place to work where individual and team achievement is celebrated.
Benefits and perks*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
- Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form and submission of the appropriate documents for identity and work authorization.
Any information provided to us will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy attached for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top