- Sophia Antipolis, France
Established in 2014, Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that securely connects markets, organizations and individuals. Powered by a growing and open app ecosystem, and protected with customer-controlled encryption key infrastructure, Symphony’s communications platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony unifies the enterprise workflow to boost productivity in any information-centric business.
Symphony currently has over 510,000 users from more than 340 companies worldwide, powering over 60 million monthly messages.
As a DevOps Engineer you will collaborate with the Agile Engineering teams to provide insight into putting new applications into production. You will help the development teams to obtain an operable, scalable and secure application design that will meet all production requirements. You will play a meaningful role by helping to operate the application in production but also by working in a close feedback loop with the development teams, to ensure the application is meeting all operational requirements to run in a production Cloud environment.
You will also help to improve product releases and QA processes, ensuring new versions of the application are accurately tested and are safe to be put in production. You will manage the production in an AWS environment for the application, and be the first line of incident response!
- Assist in building, loading and operating containerised microservices in a public cloud environment
- Build and support automation and tooling required to deploy and operate public cloud infrastructure.
- Work with the development teams on the security aspects of both infrastructure and the application itself.
- Help in formalising CI/CD workflows in order to reduce the time to market of new releases of the product
- Demonstrate a philosophy of automating your way out of repetitive operational work
- Experience running at-scale global cloud based applications (AWS or Google cloud platforms are a plus)
- Experience in Java or interpreted languages common in the automation world, such as Python or Go
- Strong knowledge of micro-services and application design
- Experience in networking and low infrastructure layers like routing, load-balancers, ciphering, as well as the means to collect and investigate related events and issues.
- Demonstrated ability to fix sophisticated problems at the functional or infrastructure levels under pressure
Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and companies improve their productivity while maintaining the highest standards of data security and regulatory compliance. The company started out in the demanding world of global finance, bringing secure collaboration to the biggest banks and asset managers. The challenges honed the company's focus and spurred refinement and innovation of its technology. As new workplace challenges emerge, Symphony pledges to help its clients conquer them.
Today, Symphony is trusted by over 400 financial services companies including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale. The business is well funded and its investors are also customers, so Symphony is uniquely positioned for a forward-thinking future. The company is truly global with offices and customers all around the world, offering employees a unique global workplace and perspective.
Employee satisfaction is important to the company's leadership team. In 2019, 82% of employees said they were proud to work for the company. Symphony is a fun place to work where individual and team achievement is celebrated.
Benefits and perks*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
- Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form and submission of the appropriate documents for identity and work authorization.
Any information provided to us will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy attached for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top