DevOps Automation & Tools Team Lead
Symphony is growing! We are building out our DevOps Automation & Tools team and we are seeking a strong Team Lead to lead our automation platform. This is a great opportunity for someone from a relevant background to join a progressive organization and help build out a next-generation automation, monitoring, deployment platform in a multi-cloud environment.
The Team Lead will follow a continuous delivery approach and will be keen to work in a fast paced DevOps/Production Engineering environment.
- Lead the automation team, driving the roadmap, designing and implementing solutions
- Hire, manage, mentor team members
- Design & code new capabilities in the Global Automation Platform
- Work closely with other Engineering teams to achieve common goals
- Strong knowledge of Python and Java
- Previous experience with Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet or other Automation technology highly desirable
- Strong attention to detail required
- Create amazing Python & Java tools and services that build & deploy the firm’s pod technology across global installations
- Ensure delivery of a Real-Time service to a global client base
- Pod Building, Deployment Automation, Salt Automation, Containerization using Docker
- Participate in and contribute to local engineering architecture discussions
- Be part of a passionate and dedicated team working towards agile releases
- Strong development experience (OO, SOA, Design Patterns)
- Knowledge of Agile and Continuous Delivery methodologies
- Experience working with Linux platforms
- Exposure to Jenkins
- Exposure to Automation Technology Salt, Chef or Puppet – advantageous
- Strong ability w/ Python & Java, Ruby, PowerShell, Bash
- Strong experience with public cloud environments - AWS and Google Cloud preferred
- Core Skills: java, python, pyUnit, JUnit, Bash, JBehave, Guice/Spring
- Stack knowledge: Some combination of Apache/Tomcat, AngularJS, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, HBase, ZooKeeper, Kafka, TIBCO, Coherence/Hazelcast, Docker
- Platforms: Linux (Ubuntu, Redhat), Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, SWF, RDS, Route53, ELB), Google Cloud
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins/TeamCity
Established in September 2014 after raising $66 million from 15 of the world’s largest financial institutions, Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve their productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Today, Symphony is trusted by a growing list of financial services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe.
In August 2015, the Enterprise Edition launched, making Symphony available to companies that handle and transfer sensitive information in regulated environments. A month later, Symphony launched worldwide, introducing its content partner ecosystem, starting with Dow Jones, McGraw Hill Financial’s S&P Capital IQ and Selerity, with others on their way. Then, in October 2015, the company received an additional injection of over $100 million in funding from both new and existing investors. In other words, Symphony is on the move!
Now we’re looking for top-notch developers, programmers and sales engineers (etc.) to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, London and Hong Kong to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team, and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we definitely want to hear from you.
$100 million in new funding:
- Competitive salary based on experience, skills, and qualifications
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(K) Plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
Competitive Base Salary and Incentive (Stock Option) plan / Health/Dental/Vision/401k
Symphony appreciates your interest in our company. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Back to top