Symphony is seeking a Corporate Counsel that will work closely with and report directly to the General Counsel, advise on a broad range of legal matters for Symphony Communication Services, LLC and its affiliated domestic and international entities, and support all areas of the business, including Sales, Operations, Engineering, Security, Human Resources, Marketing and Regulatory.
Symphony’s legal function is nimble and professional, providing timely, pragmatic and business-savvy legal solutions that empower Symphony’s business units to meet their goals in an effective and compliant manner.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work directly with the General Counsel, Symphony’s thought leaders and its clients, and to help shape the course of the company’s future.
The Corporate Counsel position will reside in Symphony’s New York City office.
- Draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial contracts to support business functions, including customer and non-disclosure agreements, vendor, licensing, employment, product, marketing, finance and employment;
- Create new contract templates as Symphony’s business and service offering evolve over time;
- Advise management on contract status, legal risks and business terms of transactions;
- Work closely with the Sales organization to quickly onboard clients, manage a large volume of customer prospects and directly engage with customers on a range of issues;
- Research unique legal issues impacting the organization by identifying and interpreting applicable regulations, statutes, judicial decisions, and codes (including but not limited to data privacy and financial services regulation), and offer appropriate solutions to complex legal questions;
- Assist the organization with expansion into new customer verticals such as health care, legal, consulting and government;
- Support Symphony’s business development efforts, including M&A and corporate finance transactions;
- Assist the General Counsel with development, enforcement and training on company legal and corporate governance policies; and
- Assist the General Counsel with maintenance and development of Symphony’s intellectual property portfolio
- J.D. and bachelor's degrees from U.S. accredited institutions;
- Bar membership in at least one U.S. jurisdiction;
- 3-6 years of post-J.D. experience with a law firm or corporation, with a transactional or commercial focus; corporate and financial service focus is preferred, but not required;
- Experience in some of the following areas is a plus, but not required: technology, SaaS services, intellectual property, open-source licensing, data privacy, employment, international operations, broker-dealer and other governmental regulation applicable to financial services and/or health-care;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to adjust quickly to changing work priorities;
- Ability to develop innovative solutions to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and organizational skills;
- Trustworthy team player;
- Flexible schedule and ability to travel for short periods, as needed
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
Symphony has raised $233 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Life and AD&D coverage
Short-term and long-term disability coverage
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account benefits
Uncapped vacation and sick time
Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
Discounted gym memberships
Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
COMPENSATION: Competitive base salary, bonus, and incentive (stock option) plan
We appreciate your interest in our company. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
As a UX developer, Matt perfects the surface of the app, collaborating with his cross-functional team as they translate user feedback into code to create a truly enjoyable user experience.
Back to top