Backend Software Engineer
- Sophia Antipolis, France
Established in 2014, Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that securely connects markets, organizations and individuals. Powered by a growing and open app ecosystem, and protected with customer-controlled encryption key infrastructure, Symphony’s communications platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony unifies the enterprise workflow to boost productivity in any information-centric business.
Symphony currently has over 510,000 users from more than 340 companies worldwide, powering over 60 million monthly messages.
Weʼre looking for a motivated, productive, collaborative, and hands-on Cloud Platform / Cloud Security / Cloud Infra-as-Service Software Engineer to join our Engineering Team based in Sophia Antipolis, France.
- Craft and build scalable, distributed, server-side Java Enterprise software applications and microservices
- Work on an Agile Scrum team to effectively define and scope backlog items and identify risks and interdependencies early
- Conduct code reviews and give mentorship to development teams
- Drive and perform the best engineering practices, maintaining a high bar for quality and craftsmanship
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or related practical experience
- Confirmed experience crafting and implementing high-performance, horizontally scalable, server-side distributed systems in Java
- Technical excellence in Java technologies and exposure to J2EE
- Deep familiarity with design patterns & multi-threaded programming
- Knowledge of service focused designs and techniques (web services, REST, JSON)
- Ability to perform clean RESTful API design and understand the impact of the design on client-side application code
- Ability to work well on an Agile Scrum team, effectively define and scope backlog items, and identify risks and interdependencies early
- BS/BA/MS/ PhD with a strong demonstrable experience or related experience
- Passion and proven experience in developing software in a large-scale microservice system
- Knowledge of Linux system implications and how different JVM implementations, versions work in one or more of the following:
- Streaming Infrastructure: Messaging, Caching, clustering. The person would be proficient in distributed systems in cloud infrastructure to scale. Experience in indexing/search.
- Persistence infra: DB Management, DB Migration for Cloud scale. Specialist in data models, DR and multi-region replication.
- Distributed Systems: CI/CD pipeline, Infra-as-Code, Monitoring and proactive actions, Multi-tenant IaaS/PaaS services, Blueprints for scale and repeatable backend stack for Containers + Microservices.
- Network Infra:: Hands-on specialist on network deployment and security services deployment in cloud.
- Managed services: Hands-on experience in bring up of native and Managed services for one or more areas from the above.
- Security: Crypto, Key Management, Identity, Secrets & Vault management, Compliance & Audit.
- Experience with container orchestration platforms (e.g. Kubernetes) and container runtimes (e.g. Docker)
- Experience using tracing and logging systems to diagnose production problems quickly
- Experience building mission-critical, large-scale systems with utmost availability and exposure to continuous delivery pipelines
- Experience with public cloud including Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and companies improve their productivity while maintaining the highest standards of data security and regulatory compliance. The company started out in the demanding world of global finance, bringing secure collaboration to the biggest banks and asset managers. The challenges honed the company's focus and spurred refinement and innovation of its technology. As new workplace challenges emerge, Symphony pledges to help its clients conquer them.
Today, Symphony is trusted by over 400 financial services companies including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale. The business is well funded and its investors are also customers, so Symphony is uniquely positioned for a forward-thinking future. The company is truly global with offices and customers all around the world, offering employees a unique global workplace and perspective.
Employee satisfaction is important to the company's leadership team. In 2019, 82% of employees said they were proud to work for the company. Symphony is a fun place to work where individual and team achievement is celebrated.
Benefits and perks*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
- Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form and submission of the appropriate documents for identity and work authorization.
Any information provided to us will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy attached for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact email@example.com.
Back to top