Backend Software Engineer
- Sophia Antipolis, France
Established in 2014, Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that securely connects markets, organizations and individuals. Powered by a growing and open app ecosystem, and protected with customer-controlled encryption key infrastructure, Symphony’s communications platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony unifies the enterprise workflow to boost productivity in any information-centric business.
Symphony currently has over 510,000 users from more than 340 companies worldwide, powering over 60 million monthly messages.
You will be responsible for delivering features with a focus on maintainability, security, and scaling to a large number of partner integrations by growing and improving the Symphony Platform’s integration capabilities using REST APIs, web-hooks, proxies and even UX frameworks. A large part of this will be dealing with huge customers and industry demands to ensure they are successfully using the Symphony platform, so understanding customer use cases, validating technical solutions, and building and documenting those solutions are a must.
You'll focus on cutting edge applications for users of our Fortune-500 customers. You’ll be solving real world problems related to messaging, rich workflow, data visualization, real time decisions, without compromising compliance. Our business is built on providing high-value applications seamlessly integrated with the communication tools and processes of enterprises. Offering both a level of richness and security never before combined.
- Design, implement and test highly-scalable, multi-tier, distributed, highly concurrent, server-side Java Enterprise software applications and micro-services
- Provide sophisticated back-end integration hooks into Symphony’s core messaging platform; supporting integration with secure message “bots,” content and trading platform information feeds and other server-side applications
- Contribute directly to the development of Symphony’s platform REST APIs
- Participate constructively and collaboratively in design and code reviews
- Proven experience in a Java server-side software design and development
- Experience designing and implementing distributed, scalable, high performance, Java micro-services
- Expert level Java coding experience
- Solid background in fundamentals of computer science and development process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven experience in working in a remote environment
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving and growing environment
- University degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent
- Contributed to Open-Source
Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and companies improve their productivity while maintaining the highest standards of data security and regulatory compliance. The company started out in the demanding world of global finance, bringing secure collaboration to the biggest banks and asset managers. The challenges honed the company's focus and spurred refinement and innovation of its technology. As new workplace challenges emerge, Symphony pledges to help its clients conquer them.
Today, Symphony is trusted by over 400 financial services companies including Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale. The business is well funded and its investors are also customers, so Symphony is uniquely positioned for a forward-thinking future. The company is truly global with offices and customers all around the world, offering employees a unique global workplace and perspective.
Employee satisfaction is important to the company's leadership team. In 2019, 82% of employees said they were proud to work for the company. Symphony is a fun place to work where individual and team achievement is celebrated.
Benefits and perks*:
- Regional specific competitive benefits
- Build your own Benefits (BYOB) perk
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
- Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the completion of an I-9 form and submission of the appropriate documents for identity and work authorization.
Any information provided to us will be processed by Symphony in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and regulations, including but not limited to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). Please refer to our Candidate Portal Policy attached for further information about how Symphony processes your personal data, Symphony’s legal basis for such processing, and the rights that you have with respect to your personal data that Symphony processes. For any questions you may have in this regard, please contact email@example.com.
Back to top