At Symphony, we're on a mission to help people communicate, collaborate, and enjoy their work. Our flexible, secure messaging platform is changing the way people do business in the financial services industries — and that’s only the beginning.
We aspire to deliver an intuitive, delightful experience that helps people extract meaning from the madness in today’s noisy landscape of business communication. To accomplish this, we need a world-class design organization that’s passionate, empathetic, and excited to take on huge challenges. That’s where you come in.
We're looking for a creative and organized Visual Design Leader/Art Director to help us achieve our vision. As a key creative within our design organization, you'll help craft Symphony's overall brand expression across all channels that face the customer — from our product experiences across Mac, Windows, Web, and mobile, to our marketing materials and our corporate website.
You'll work closely with a growing team of visual and UX designers, writers, product managers, and marketing managers to refine and drive our brand strategy, define the visual and verbal expression of our brand attributes across our ecosystem, and blend our brand vision into a design language and platform that will be used to develop the future Symphony experience. You will anchor our visual design practice, and serve as a mentor and leader for the visual design team and a key partner to our Head of Design, Chief Product Officer, and Chief Marketing Officer.
- You care about the little details and the big picture, and move nimbly between strategy and execution
- You’re a natural problem solver who loves a good challenge
- You iterate quickly, incorporating feedback from stakeholders
- You work well both autonomously and as part of a vibrant and diverse team
- You adapt quickly and thrive in a rapidly changing environment
- You have the proven ability to shape the direction and execution of projects from start to finishYou have a strong portfolio that displays your thought process through design artifacts including prototypes, drawings, and storyboards
- Understand our corporate vision and narrative, and synthesize these into a modern, durable, and impactful brand vision and corresponding guideline and design language
- Drive all aspects of visual design for a complex product
- Mentor writers, visual designers, and developers to develop a superlative user experience that communicates our brand and delights our users
- 10+ years experience in visual design for marketing and product (Web, mobile, and desktop)
- 5+ years working as an Art Director or Creative Director
- Experience crafting and managing a complete brand or brand system
- Extensive understanding of standard design patterns and systems, especially Google Material Design, Android, and iOS
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a great sense of humor
- An exceptional online portfolio that shows off your strength and range as a designer (please include a link in your application)
- Experience working with animation
- Experience with iPad/tablet design
- Experience driving and incorporating user research at all stages of development
- Experience managing outside contractors and agency partners
Established in September 2014 after raising $66 million from 15 of the world’s largest financial institutions, Symphony is a secure, cloud-based workflow platform helping individuals, teams, and organizations of all sizes improve their productivity while maintaining data security and regulatory compliance. Today, Symphony is trusted by a growing list of financial services companies to communicate high-value, time-sensitive information with partners and colleagues across the globe.
In August 2015, the Enterprise Edition launched, making Symphony available to companies that handle and transfer sensitive information in regulated environments. A month later, Symphony launched worldwide, introducing its content partner ecosystem, starting with Dow Jones, McGraw-Hill Financial’s S&P Capital IQ, and Selerity, with others on their way. Then, in October 2015, the company received an additional injection of over $100 million in funding from both new and existing investors. In other words, Symphony is on the move!
Now we’re looking for top-notch designers, developers, programmers and sales engineers (etc.) to join our team in Palo Alto, CA, New York, NY, London, and Hong Kong to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Uncapped vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
Competitive base salary, bonus, and incentive (stock option) plan / health/dental/vision/401k
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony appreciates your interest in our company. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
Front-End Software Engineer
Matt and his team creates every one of Symphony's interaction tools. They work with customers in mind, making sure everything users come across on the company browser is functional and beautiful.
Back to top