API Support Engineer
Symphony is looking for an experienced API Support Engineer in our London/New York office, who will support our clients and partners implementing projects built on Symphony’s API’s. This is a frontline role at Symphony and the successful candidate will work closely with customers troubleshooting API implementation and development issues and helping to bring them to a quick resolution. In addition, the successful candidate will work closely with both the Solutions Architects and Community Specialist teams to ensure the successful on-boarding of Symphony users with a persistent focus on customer satisfaction. Candidates must have strong Customer Services skills and a technical background. Symphony operates a follow the sun 24x7x365 support model and as such, weekend coverage is required at times. Candidates must have strong Customer Services skills and a technical background.
- To be the first point of contact in dealing with API implementation & support queries via named contacts at customer sites
- Prioritise, investigate, diagnose and resolve issues relating to Symphony services – with specific emphasis on API implementation/support
- Liaise with Symphony Development Operations/Engineering Services and Product teams on issues that cannot be readily resolved at first contact
- Ensure that tickets are followed up, kept up to date and properly closed to ensure adherence with SLAs
- Assist the Solutions Architects with implementations of Symphony Services by acting as a conduit to Development Operations/Engineering Services
- Consult with customer technical teams to gather technical requirements during implantation and integration phases
- Assist in product testing and research
- Contribute technical documentation and content as needed for services and products
- Working knowledge of corporate network infrastructure topology and protocols including firewall configuration, DNS management, network routing and IP connectivity
- Good knowledge and experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Hands-on experience with Internet products and technologies
- Able to code mock-up systems and provide sample codes
- Excellent debugging skills in third party code or client code
- Understanding of SAML specification to support Client Single Sign On (SSO)
- Familiar with cloud based service (SaaS) deployment and support
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills
- Ability to deal with difficult callers and to work calmly and professionally under pressure
- Logical approach to troubleshooting including good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good accurate record keeping abilities – detail oriented
- Experience in supporting Financial Services and Investment Banking customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Experience with helpdesk ticket/logging tools (ZenDesk experience beneficial, Jira)
- Knowledge of Compliance platforms including Actiance, Global Relay, HP Autonomy, Smarsh, etc.
- Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- 3+ years of relevant experience as an API developer or technical support engineer in one of the following fields:
- Financial Services firm or vendor
- Collaboration or Unified Communications technology
Knowledge, skills, abilities
- RHEL, Java App servers (Tomcat, GlassFish, Jetty)
- SSL Certificate management
- Knowledge of networking
- Big Data exposure (Hadoop, HBASE, Mongo, Cassandra)
- Basic understanding of security models
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent in person and virtual presentation skills
- Drive and self-motivation to focus on results and helping teams win and accomplish their goals
- Expeditious, with thorough and accurate customer follow up skills
- Very good problem solving skills
- Good business strategy, planning and project management skills
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
Symphony has raised $233 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan
*Benefits and Perks vary based on location.
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Meet Some of Symphony's Employees
As a UX developer, Matt perfects the surface of the app, collaborating with his cross-functional team as they translate user feedback into code to create a truly enjoyable user experience.
Back to top