Accounts Payable Specialist
Symphony Communication Services is looking to hire an A/P Specialist in Palo Alto office. This is a full-time opportunity and reports to the Controller. (S)he will ensure that invoices and employee expense reports are processed accurately and on-time, payments are made in a timely manner and excellent relationships are maintained with our vendors. This individual must possess great attention to detail, meticulous organization skills and a strong desire and ability to work within a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the expectations of the role consistently growing and expanding.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Code, process, and review multi-currency invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment (entities in APAC and EMEA)
- Prioritize invoices for payment according to payment terms
- Perform weekly wire, ACH and check payments
- Audit and process employee expense reports and credit card bills via Expensify
- Manage new vendor setups including W-9 forms from vendors, process credit applications as needed
- Maintain A/P files including: unpaid invoices, paid invoices, permanent vendor files, purchase orders, and receiving documents
- Prepare monthly reports for management in order to track/manage costs
- Assist with month-end accruals
- Maintain excellent communication and relationships with vendors and employees
- Assist with month and year end closing tasks plus annual audit preparations
- Prepare and mail annual 1099s
- Perform ad hoc analyses and support improvement projects as needed.
- 2+ years of Accounts Payable or comparable work experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, preferred or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Bill.com, Expensify or Concur systems highly desired.
- Strong Excel experience and computer skills, in addition to Netsuite experience or comparable ERP system would be a huge plus
- Must be flexible, self-starter, change-oriented, self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and organizational skills coupled with the ability to multitask effectively without compromising the quality of work.
Back to top