Trader and Portfolio Specialist - High Yield and Bank Loans
- Farmington, CT
Symetra has an exciting opportunity to join our organization as a Trader and Portfolio Specialist with our High Yield and Bank Loans team!
About the role
As the Trader and Portfolio Specialist, you'll be an integral member of the newly formed High Yield and Bank Loan team within Symetra Investment Management (SIM). This team is responsible for investing in high yield bonds, bank loans, derivatives and other credit instruments.
Symetra Investment Management (SIM) was established in 2019 and is a subsidiary of Symetra who is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Life of Japan. SIM enables Sumitomo to invest in the U.S. markets and to expand in-house asset management capabilities. SIM is also an SEC-registered investment advisor providing third party investment management to institutional clients.
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for trade high yield bonds, bank loans, derivatives and other credit instruments. This is a high impact role that combines the trader function with data analytics in order to help improve portfolio risk/return characteristics to supplement core fundamental views.
As the ideal candidate, you're self-motivated and have experience trading fixed income securities with strong credentials in a quantitative field.
- Trade high yield bonds, bank loans, and credit derivatives in both voice and electronic trading platforms
- Develop thoughtful trading strategies for specific objectives and identify relative value trades within capital structures
- Analyze market data to build insights to shape portfolio construction to supplement core fundamental views
- Supervise performance, positions and verify that transactions are consistent with client guidelines
- Lead or assist in technology initiatives for both the High Yield and Bank Loan team and across the broader investment organization in to improve alpha generation, analyze returns/portfolio exposures and minimize operational risk
- Provide market color and dynamics to the investment teams
- Build and maintain counterparty relationships
What we offer you
We don't take a "one-size-fits-all" approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better both at work and at home.
- Flexible work program and telecommute arrangements
- Wellness program offering employees a variety of resources crafted to assist you in reaching and maintaining your optimum health
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
- Want more details? Check out ourSymetra Benefits Overview
Back to top