Tax Accountant - Remote
Symetra has an exciting opportunity to join our team as aTax Accountant!
In this role you'llsupport for federal and state and local tax compliance, accounting, research and special projects.
About the role
On a project-by-project basis, you'll work closely with various members of the Tax department and communicate with business unit employees across the organization in Actuarial, Finance, etc. while occasionally working with external tax jurisdictions, governmental bodies and auditors.
- Preparation and/or review of various federal, state, and local tax reports and supporting documentation to ensure company compliance with the various jurisdictional requirements
- Support federal, state, and local tax liability calculations and document records to support company compliance with the various jurisdictional requirements
- Prepare tax account reconciliations and other accounting as needed to support financial reporting compliance
- Maintain process and procedure documentation to support maintenance of department function
- Assist with and/or facilitate special projects, tax planning and research to support department initiatives
What we offer you
We don't take a "one-size-fits-all" approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better--both at work and at home.
- Flexible work and telecommute arrangements
- Paid time away options to accommodate your needs and life's events, including vacation (our favorite), illness, caring for a family member, volunteering, the birth or adoption of a child, the loss of a family member and more
- Ongoing learning and skills development through our college tuition assistance, professional education certification programs and more
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching and/or participate in our company-wide week of service each June
- Want more details? Check out ourSymetra Benefits Overview
Back to top