Sales Support Specialist
Are you looking to build a long-term career? Do you love sales?If you answered yes, then read on - we have the role for you at Symetra as a Sales Support Specialist!
If you're highly motivated, driven, enjoy building relationships and want to grow, this is an excellent opportunity to join us and take the first step in building a career in the Financial Services industry.
About the role
Our Sales Support Specialists play a key role in the success of our Retirement Division. In this position you'll collaborate with our Internal and External Wholesalers as they establish and build our life insurance and annuity products. Many of them started as Sales Support Specialists and were promoted into the Wholesaler roles as this is a team that strongly believes and follows a promote from within approach.
What's cool about this job and Symetra?
Here's what our current Sales Support Specialists have to say.
"I really enjoy the diversity of the type of work throughout my day. The variety of products, advisors, and firms we work with bring on a number of tasks and challenges that keep me fully engaged." - Elmer F.
"We work with a greater objective in mind and that is to give people the means and assurance to live their very best lives. I am proud to be part of that overall pursuit and mission." -Chris T.
We are hiring year-round for this role and we're always looking for great Sales Support talent to join our teams in Bellevue, WA or West Des Moines, IA. We also have telecommuter opportunities available. We invite you to apply and explore a career at Symetra. If you're a strong fit, we'll reach out to you directly to start a conversation as opportunities become available.
What you'll do in this role:
- Partner with Internal and External wholesalers to drive and complete territory sales through sales meetings and calls
- Assist with product inquiries and illustrations, updates on pending applications, and fulfill orders for marketing material and sales literature
- Collaborate on calling campaigns to launch new products and identify new sales opportunities
- Research, review and monitor the progress of business/sales submitted through all stages to completion keeping your internal teams and external advisors apprised on the status
- Be the go to source on the Sales Desk assisting our financial advisors and their teams with questions around product information, products rates, illustration requests and service issues.
How you'll grow at Symetra
We're committed to building a creative, customer-focused and results-driven workforce. Specific licensing is required for this role, but there's nothing to fear. We're here to help you every step of the way, providing you with tools, resources and dedicated study time to be successful. Once you've achieved these milestones, the sky is the limit.
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) to be completed upon hire or obtained within 60 days of start
- Securities Industry Essentials (SIE)
- Series 6 -- Investment Company and Variable Contracts Products Representative Qualification
- Series 63 -- Uniform Securities State Law
- Life and Disability license to be completed within four months of start date
Back to top