Credit Analyst - High Yield and Bank Loans
- Farmington, CT
Symetra has an exciting opportunity to join our organization as a Credit Analyst with our High Yield and Bank Loans team!
About the role
As the Credit Analyst, you'll be an integral member of the newly formed High Yield and Bank Loan team within Symetra Investment Management (SIM). This team is responsible for investing in high yield bonds, bank loans, derivatives and other credit instruments.
Symetra Investment Management (SIM) is a recently formed subsidiary of Symetra who is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Life of Japan. SIM was established in 2019 to enable Sumitomo to invest in the U.S. markets through SIM as well as to expand in-house asset management capabilities. SIM is also seeking to become an SEC-registered advisor to provide third party investment management to institutional clients.
What you'll do
You'll be responsible for performing extensive fundamental credit analysis and single name views and sector coverage on corporate issuers in the US High Yield and Leveraged Loan markets.
As the ideal candidate, you're self-motivated, intellectually curious, you enjoy an innovative and collaborative environment, you have a confirmed understanding of investment concepts with excellent analytical, writing, communication and computer skills. You're CFA is a plus.
- Evaluate company fundamentals and industry trends, key operating metrics, business quality, competitive positioning, and valuation
- Develop investment thesis and recommendations on single names, working with portfolio managers to monitor and rebalance the portfolios
- Identify investment ideas across a companies' capital structure on primary and secondary opportunities
- Write research reports on single names and identifying sector trends and outlooks
- Perform due diligence on corporate borrowers including analyzing credit agreements, attending management meetings with corporate borrowers, investment banks and other company partners as required
- Talk directly with members of issuers' management team as part of due diligence process
What we offer you
We don't take a "one-size-fits-all" approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better both at work and at home.
- Flexible work program and telecommute arrangements
- Wellness program offering employees a variety of resources crafted to assist you in reaching and maintaining your optimum health
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
Want more details? Check out ourSymetra Benefits Overview
Back to top