Web Interface Developer
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we're the strategic services arm of Symbility Solutions, one of Canada's rare 100 Million+ publicly traded technology companies. We work with startups, gaming companies, technology giants, and fortune 100 clients.
A day at Symbility Intersect is never the same.
As our Web Interface Developer you work with the team to plan and develop progressive solutions for projects involving web technologies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Your parents would put it on the fridge and tell all your relatives about it
- Unit testing
- CSS (for a world with many different shapes and sizes of screens)
- HTML (accessible for everybody in the world to view)
- Contributing to the planning and estimation of projects from an understanding of the project needs and objectives, through to developing a strategy that will ensure the optimal technical solution
- Participating in sprint planning and sprint reviews on a weekly basis (charting out the path upcoming, and reviewing how the last stretch went)
- Interacting with APIs and participating in the planning of API development
- Working with DevOps to ensure the best development tools and build processes are being used
- Working with QA to ensure that high quality software is being shipped
- Assisting with the creation of technical flow charts and any other planning documentation required to ensure successful product development
- Dealing with the anticipation of knowing hundreds of thousands of people are interacting with an interface that you assembled
The following skills / experiences / traits are indicators of success for this role:
- Demonstrable experience shipping products (things you have had a hand in building that you can point to on the Internet or an app store)
- Education in Computer Science or a related field
- A position, strategy, and perspective when it comes to Responsive Design, or whatever you want to call the process of building interfaces that may appear on a variety of different types of screens
- Experience with HTML and CSS preprocessors (Any of Jade / Haml / Sass / SCSS / LESS)
- Experience utilizing Design Patterns (MVC)
- You are not entirely surprised with what the result in the browser is after you write some HTML and CSS
- Experienced with distributed version control systems (GIT, Mercurial)
FLEXIBLE HOURS AND UNLIMITED VACATION POLICY
Need a break? No problem. Employees can take time off in the way that works best for them and their teams. Work remotely when you need to.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, energy pod, and standing desks. Take care of yourself.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Fancy Fridays, Lunch and Learns.
Catered lunches, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, and Beer O'clock
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, welcome new hires, present apps of the week, and crown the QA Star of the Week.
We like to work hard and play hard, and as such we offer yearly Workations for employees to unwind and spend non-work time with coworkers.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-inter...
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-inter...
Symbility Intersect welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you're interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below!
Meet Some of Symbility Intersect's Employees
Director, Product Design
Zach helps teams across the company incorporate interface best practices into their project phases while digging into design work himself. He also enables the Design Department to scale by assisting with hiring.
Back to top