Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we're the strategic services arm of Symbility Solutions, one of Canada's rare 100 Million+ publicly traded technology companies. We work with startups, gaming companies, technology giants, and fortune 100 clients.
A day at Symbility Intersect is never the same.
As a Solutions Architect, you will work with clients and internal teams to drive business development and support engineering delivery. You will lead design the scoping of technical solutions from client requirements. You will work closely with clients to conduct any technical discovery, architecture design, and API exploration needed to ensure project success. As a key technical client-facing team member, you will have to present solutions and articulate rationales and assumptions. In addition to technical client-facing communication, you will often work closely with several cross-functional teams in product and business development to arrive at optimal solutions and help deliver great products.
As our Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for the following:
- Analyze and assess client requests to define the scope of work for product and engineering
- Break down complex (or vague) requirements into manageable, well isolated tasks
- Explore unknowns and propose sound solutions that will win in sales and delivery feasibility
- Identify risks and constraints for proposed solutions and ongoing projects
- Articulate decisions, rationales, and assumptions with both external clients and internal teams
- Determine best course of action on technical uncertainty, and include best guess of effort
- Estimate project effort for every department, and create optimal recommendations for cost and timeline
- Visualize component stacks, integration dependencies, and data flows with architecture diagrams
- Understand and define API specifications (Server-side and client-side)
- Invest in internal process improvement and tooling development
As our Solutions Architect, you will possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- A highly technical background (i.e. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field)
- 3-5 years of professional experience
- Experience shipping an iOS, Android, Web, or API project
- Experience creating various types of technical diagram with tools
- Experience or understanding of the Agile methodology
- You are comfortable with estimating tasks
- You are comfortable with uncertainty/unknowns and resourceful in researching information either via hands-on experimentation or exploration of documentation.
- You are paranoid about risks that can impact projects, and anticipatory worst-case planning comes like second nature to you.
- You can work autonomously, self-prioritizing and managing your time, switching between multiple projects and environments as required, to deliver high-priority items quickly.
- You have an impeccable attention to detail, while moving in a fast-paced environment.
FLEXIBLE HOURS AND UNLIMITED VACATION POLICY
Need a break? No problem. Employees can take time off in the way that works best for them and their teams. Work remotely when you need to.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, energy pod, and standing desks. Take care of yourself.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Fancy Fridays, Lunch and Learns.
Catered lunches, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, and Beer O'clock
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, welcome new hires, present apps of the week, and crown the QA Star of the Week.
We like to work hard and play hard, and as such we offer yearly Workations for employees to unwind and spend non-work time with coworkers.
Interested in learning more?
Our Culture: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-inter...
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-inter...
Symbility Intersect welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you're interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below!
Meet Some of Symbility Intersect's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
Peter oversees the Developer Team that writes code for the full spread of projects. He ensures every line is perfect through reviews—and helps explore new ideas.
Back to top