Senior Product Designer
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, we're the strategic services arm of Symbility Solutions, one of Canada's rare 100 Million+ publicly traded technology companies. We work with startups, gaming companies, technology giants, and fortune 100 clients.
A day at Symbility Intersect is never the same.
As our Senior Product Designer, you will drive the creative process for innovative and effective design solutions for mobile and web apps. It's your role to understand complex business requirements, personas and product features to produce wireframes, user interface mockups, prototypes and style guides.
Reporting to the VP of Design, you will be responsible for leading design execution, quality control, and fighting for the end user. You will be collaborating closely with Product Managers, UI/UX Designers, Product Strategists and Engineers.
As our Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing to product definition and features
- Work closely with Product Team to apply strategic objectives to designs
- Generating wireframes, user flows, journey maps and app maps
- Designing mockups for mobile, tablet (iOS and Android) and responsive web
- Working to incorporate brand guidelines when required
- Working with stakeholders to ensure goals and needs are met in the design
- Collaborating with mobile and web application developers to ensure successful handoff
- Presenting proposed solutions to stakeholders and internal teams
- Working within project schedules and multi-tasking to meet deadlines
- On-going communication with the Product Team Lead
- Monitoring deliverables against timelines
- Ensuring day-to-day deliverables are met
- Advocating for the user experience
- 5+ years of work experience as an interface designer / UX Designer
- Experience managing client relationships
- Sketch, InVision and Zeplin *preferred, not required
- Strong portfolio of mobile and responsive web apps
- Strong understanding of UX best practices and current design trends / technology
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passion for design
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent understanding of composition, colour, imagery and typography
- Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
FLEXIBLE HOURS AND UNLIMITED VACATION POLICY
Need a break? No problem. Employees can take time off in the way that works best for them and their teams. Work remotely when you need to.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Comprehensive extended health care coverage, energy pod, and standing desks. Take care of yourself.
Off-site adventures, ping-pong, unique traditions, monthly birthday celebrations, Fancy Fridays, Lunch and Learns.
Catered lunches, healthy snacks, freshly-ground coffee, and Beer O'clock
To stay connected we have weekly town halls to celebrate milestones, share updates, welcome new hires, present apps of the week, and crown the QA Star of the Week.
We like to work hard and play hard, and as such we offer yearly Workations for employees to unwind and spend non-work time with coworkers.
Want to learn more?
Our Culture: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-intersect/careers/
Check out our 3D office tour: https://www.symbilitysolutions.com/symbility-intersect/360-office-tour/
Symbility Intersect is a Toronto based strategic innovation company that works with forward-thinking global brands and disruptive entrepreneurs. Our team focuses on strategy, design, and development of mobile, web and data products. Our approach solves tough problems, overcomes complicated challenges and creates opportunities through innovation. Our deliverables are products and thinking that creates long-term value for our clients, not campaigns that disappear as quickly as their impact.
Symbility Intersect welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you're interested in being on the bleeding edge of technology, tackling exciting problems from different industries, and constantly being pushed to learn --- apply below!
Meet Some of Symbility Intersect's Employees
Senior Software Engineer
Peter oversees the Developer Team that writes code for the full spread of projects. He ensures every line is perfect through reviews—and helps explore new ideas.
Back to top