Planning Event Coordinator Intern
The SXSW Planning Department deals with contracting, organizing, detailing and executing the various SXSW events throughout the year. From managing convention space to developing long-term strategies for growth and sustainability the Planning Department operates at the center of all things SXSW. The Event Planning Coordinator will assist with contracting, managing activations, transportation and logistics management, as well as the coordinating of production elements necessary for successful execution of our many conferences and events.
The Summer/Fall Event Coordinator Internship will be working extensively on the logistics and details of our fall conferences – SXSW Eco and the Texas Tribune Festival – as well as advance planning and contract work related to SXSW’s March conferences.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Effectively and concisely communicate both in writing and verbally
- Knowledge of meeting planning, hotel/venue policy, audio/video production, convention services, and contracting are beneficial
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite is a must and proficiency with other software (Sketchup, Vectorworks, Filemaker Pro, Adobe Suite, Keynote, Prezi, etc.) is helpful
- Proficiency in working within Mac OS is helpful
- Position requires a detail-oriented individual who can handle task-based assignments as well as general direction to produce planning documents and maintain the high standard of production that has made SXSW a success
A minimum of 20 hours per week is required from August through October and full-time during conferences:
- Texas Tribune Festival, September 22 – September 25, 2016
- SXSW Eco, October 9 – October 12, 2016
Applicant must be able to work out of our office in downtown Austin at least 3 days a week.
Back to top