Innovation Intern (VR)
Innovation Group Intern focused on VR: Are you obsessed with the ever evolving and dynamic world of VR platforms and software? Do you consider the industry full of possibilities and new frontiers? Do you often wonder how the creative and commercial sides coexist and compliment each other?
With tens of thousands of attendees, SXSW is committed to producing extraordinary VR experiences for its attendees as well as providing outstanding activations and showcases for our clients and partners, who happen to be some of the biggest companies in the world: Bud Light, Mazda, McDonald’s, to name a few. We are striving to transform how the world discovers, interacts, and experiences SXSW with VR.
The VR Innovation Intern will be responsible for assisting the team by gathering and assembling assigned researched materials to ensure the team members are well informed and up to date on the most recent news, trends, market research, and latest advancements in the field of VR.
The ideal intern must work well within a team, have excellent communication skills and be agile in a demanding environment.
Responsibilities for this position include
YOU ARE: A business major with strong market research skills and who has a passionate understanding of emerging technologies and their business models. You’re a rockstar at school who requires minimum supervision to take requirements and create detailed reports for the team. You’re a team player who takes responsibility for their integral contribution to the team. Have fun, work hard. Here are some key attributes we’re looking for:
- Problem Solver
- General business knowledge – a few business courses or experience working in an office
- Strong communication (oral, writing and presentation) skills
- Professional presence and demeanor
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time sensitive assignments
- Assist with research, documentation, and organizing materials for the Innovation Group.
- Help to build a knowledge base/ compendium of market research regarding the latest advancements and developments in the field of VR, particularly regarding business models and monetization of those specific platforms.
SXSW 2017 Innovation Intern (VR)
- Communicate through weekly status reports via google docs and slack posts.
- Assist with daily tasks within any of the areas under the Innovation team.
- Background in Market Research, Communication, or other related discipline.
- Event coordination / production experience.
- Desired Major(s): Business Desired Class Level(s)
- Location: Austin Texas United States
- All Salary Level: Unpaid for credit
- Job Function: Research and Event Production
- Approximate Hours Per Week: 20
- This position begins immediately and ends shortly after our March event
- Submit resume and cover letter to the SXSW internship department [email protected]
- Cover letter must include "Why you think an internship at SXSW would benefit you
- Applicants can apply for up to 3 internships
- Include top 3 choices order of preference in cover letter and body of submission email
- Include any additional information required by the specific internship
- To apply, send resumes/CVs to [email protected]
Back to top