Event Staffing & Resources (ES&R) Intern
The SXSW Event Staffing & Resources Department is seeking several Individuals to assist in the coordination of almost 4,000 volunteers, as well as other event planning projects. The intern will be responsible for weekly learning projects, including helping volunteers with the volunteer sign-up process, volunteer scheduling, social and training event planning, and a variety of other projects relating to volunteer and event coordination. Data entry, phone inquiries, and administrative tasks related to volunteer management will be required. The ES&R Department works closely with all departments within SXSW to ensure proper planning and execution of the volunteer plan. This position will provide a wide spectrum of experience in regards to the production of a large scale event.
Responsibilities for this position include
What you will learn:
- How to plan multiple social and training events
- How to communicate with, recruit, and manage a large volunteer force
- How to coordinate and manage a large scale event using volunteers
- Assist ES&R staff in execution of overall event logistics
- Have an Interest in event planning
- Be highly organized
- Have excellent leadership qualities
- The ability to work as a team
- Possess exceptional customer service
- Demonstrate good communication skills (email, phone and conversation)
- Show a strong attention to detail
- Have time-management skills
- The ability to work with large groups of people
- Be comfortable with public speaking
- Have some knowledge of Mac computers
This position runs December 2016 – April 2017. A time commitment of 10-20 hours a week with full-time availability during SXSWeek, March 6-19, is required.
This internship is unpaid.
- Submit resume and cover letter to the SXSW internship department [email protected]
- Cover letter must include “Why you think an internship at SXSW would benefit you
- Applicants can apply for up to 3 internships
- Include top 3 choices order of preference in cover letter and body of submission email
- Include any additional information required by the specific internship
To apply, send resumes/CVs to [email protected]
Meet Some of SXSW's Employees
Producer - SXSW V2V, SXSW Interactive
As a producer for the SXSW Interactive and SXSW V2V festivals, Christine supervises teams in both Austin and Las Vegas— managing everything from location scouting to marketing to speaker selection.
Back to top