Client Event Production Intern
Assist the Client Event Production team with a wide range of responsibilities including providing support on client activations, logistical planning, fulfillment for SXSW clients through administrative organization, thorough information management, event planning (pre-event and onsite), production management, and creative problem solving. Facilitate weekly exports of client contracts. Maintain accurate tracking processes and documents through ongoing coordination with all SXSW departments, vendors and clients.
The intern will learn how to facilitate the production of a client event from beginning to end, as well as how to organize and track large amounts of client information.
Responsibilities for this position include
- Update and maintain tracking documents and processes for the onsite SXSW client activations. Tracking documents include contract tracking, primary client and vendor contact list(s), and day-by-day client event schedule.
- Help oversee fulfillment logistics of unique client activations
- Assist with organizing all internal asset requests, utilizing FileMaker Pro database software and other tools
- Assist with client events onsite, ensuring the contract is abiding by their contract
- Assist with scheduling and administrative tasks where needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Filemaker Pro
- Positive attitude
- Ability to take direction and see projects through based on that direction
- Strong multi-tasking skills required
- Attention to detail and organization very important
- The ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills required
- Self-motivated individual that takes personal responsibility and pride in their work
- Ability and willingness to lift boxes and cases of product, move furniture, hang banners, set up event spaces, etc.
This position runs January 2017 – April 2017. A time commitment of 20 hours a week with full-time availability during SXSWeek, March 6-19, is required.
- Submit resume and cover letter to the SXSW internship department [email protected]
- Cover letter must include "Why you think an internship at SXSW would benefit you
- Applicants can apply for up to 3 internships
- Include top 3 choices order of preference in cover letter and body of submission email
- Include any additional information required by the specific internship
Back to top