Sr. Marketing Manager, Acquisition
On average, U.S. students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical school year. That means our students have substitute teachers for more than six months of their K-12 school career. The problem? We're suffering from a national shortage of substitute teachers.
Swing Education is focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. We make it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.) and we help subs find jobs, gain experience and build their professional network.
Swing is a revenue generating, Series B, YC company (through ImagineK12).
The Sr. Marketing Manager, Acquisition will be responsible for driving Swing's end-to-end acquisition campaigns and programs to increase lead generation and interest in joining our substitute teacher community. This position will contribute to the growth of Swing Education marketplace by building a quality pool of satisfied and motivated substitute teachers.
An ideal candidate for this position is analytical, data-driven, proactive, and resourceful, with a keen sense of business acumen and market strategy. You must be flexible to work in a fast-paced, highly interactive and innovative environment.
- Own and lead acquisition and marketing campaigns that drive pipeline growth across channels to support Swing's rapid regional expansion
- Build advertising plans including media buys (Job Boards, Social, Display, Video), budget allocation, and creative placements with strategic media partners
- Manage advertising partners,media agencies, and build new relationships
- Work closely with Dir. of Substitute Marketing to ensure proper messaging, timing and execution of one-off and always on marketing campaigns across email, web personalization, advertising, landing pages, social, content syndication
- Measure, analyze, and report campaign performance to show effectiveness of new and existing channels to leadership
- Partner with Conversion team to drive velocity of qualified leads, opportunities and pipeline to scale against aggressive acquisition goals
- Leverage marketing automation tools such as Customer.io, Birdeye, Hubspot, and related technology integrations to increase brand awareness and interest
- Cross-collaborate with Conversion, School Sales, and Product team to build a go-to-market strategy for new regions and locations
- Identify gaps in our acquisition efforts and run experiments (A/B tests, landing page optimization) throughout our recruiting seasons
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 6+ years marketing experience. Edtech and recruiting backgrounds is a plus.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style, eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Depth of experience initiating and driving strategic, cross-functional programs to completion, executing tactical execution with minimal guidance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships and evaluate candidates
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion in managing and engaging diverse pipelines of talent
- Outstanding time management skills, with proven ability to multi-task, accomplishing numerous tasks and changing priorities in an effective and timely manner
- Proven ability to think analytically to solve complex problems
- Sound judgment and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Family leave
- Stock options
- 401k match
- $1k/year for professional development
- A stocked kitchen and unlimited caffeine
- Mission-driven work
- Fun, collaborative, balanced culture
Swing Education is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants.
Back to top