Director of Lifecycle Marketing
On average, U.S. students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical school year. That means our students have substitute teachers for more than six months of their K-12 school career. The problem? We're suffering from a national shortage of substitute teachers.
Swing Education is focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. We make it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.) and we help subs find jobs, gain experience and build their professional network.
Swing is a revenue generating, Series B, YC company (through ImagineK12).
The Director of Lifecycle Marketing is responsible for driving substitute teacher activities across the customer lifecycle, spanning first-use, engagement, retention, and win-back.
An ideal candidate for this position is data-driven, resourceful, detail-oriented, and proactive. You must be flexible to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and be willing to flex between strategy and execution.
- Develop and execute innovative lifecycle marketing strategies that drive measurable improvements in substitute teacher activation, engagement, decreased churn and increased reactivation rates
- Understand the lifecycle and segments of Swing substitute teachers, by leveraging data and qualitative customer insights, to find opportunities and develop relevant and effective marketing and campaigns
- Drive strategic planning for promotional strategies, compliance initiatives, and feature launches to grow adoption and usage, regularly sharing out performance results, best practices and key learnings with stakeholders
- Oversee our community and engagement initiatives to cultivate and identify brand champions and evangelists within our nationwide substitute teacher community.
- Lead the end to end management of lifecycle marketing programs, including campaign ideation, creation, deployment, testing, optimization, analysis and reporting
- Collaborate with our Product team to tightly control the customer narrative and drive retention
- Participate in projects with cross-functional stakeholders; own tracking and reporting of key lifecycle marketing performance metrics against monthly, quarterly and annual goals
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or similar field
- 5+ years of experience in consumer, lifecycle, loyalty and engagement, and/or product marketing.
- Successful track record of developing and executing lifecycle marketing strategies, including measuring and delivering on performance targets
- Strong project management skills including: conceptualization, driving alignment, planning resources, managing deadlines and objectives, delivering analysis and recommendations
- Highly analytical and able to design and optimize marketing programs to deliver upon overall company goals and metrics
- Strong understanding of consumer mindset and consumer empathy and you have a dedication to great consumer experiences
- Collaborative and capable of managing a small team in a dynamic environment
- High-energy, self-directed and team oriented, passionate about solving substitute teacher shortage for schools and teachers
- Medical/dental/vision benefits
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Family leave
- Stock options
- 401k match
- $1k/year for professional development
- A stocked kitchen and unlimited caffeine
- Mission-driven work
- Fun, collaborative, balanced culture
Swing Education is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants.
Back to top