Customer Support Associate
Students are with substitute teachers for 5% of the typical 180 day school year. The problem? We're suffering from a drastic shortage of substitute teachers.
Swing Education is focused on tackling the substitute teacher shortage. Our online platform makes it easy for great schools and quality subs to find each other. We help schools access more subs and offload tedious work (recruiting, screening, payroll, etc.) and we help subs find jobs, gain experience and build their professional network.
Swing is a revenue generating, Series A, Y Combinator company (through ImagineK12).
The Customer Support Associate is a full-time entry/mid-level position in a fast-paced, innovative startup environment. This role includes Support ticket management and real-time problem solving in a chat, email, phone and social environment. The Customer Support Associate will investigate, resolve or escalate support cases in a professional, solution-based and customer-focused manner.
An ideal candidate for this position is an excellent communicator, a natural learner, an out-of-the-box thinker, empathetic, technically-minded, and unflappable. To succeed in this role, you must be highly adaptive and be able to work in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment.
- Provide support to Swing customers by handling front-line issues via ZenDesk email, phone, chat
- Social Support moderation and response
- Trouble shoot customer problems in a systematic, solution based and customer focused manner
- Help create, update and manage ZenDesk Help-Desk content and articles
- Become a subject matter expert on the Swing application, services and processes
- Advocate for our customers' needs and bring that perspective to the rest of the company
- Bachelor's degree required with minimum of 1-2 year of work experience
- Ability to trouble shoot complex problems in a systematic, solution-focused manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with clear, concise, friendly style
- Motivated by helping and empowering others
- Possess drive and have the ability to innovate processes and "push the envelope"
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style, eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion, and enjoy working with diverse groups and teams
- Experience in education, customer experience, social sciences, coding, computer science, or customer service preferred
- Medical/dental benefits
- Generous PTO
- Paid holidays
- Stock options
- 401k match
- Maternity/Paternity leave benefits
- A stocked kitchen and unlimited caffeine
- Mission-driven work
- Fun, collaborative, balanced culture
Swing Education is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ applicants
Back to top