Territory Builder Sales Manager
Sunrun is the nation's leading home solar, battery storage, and energy services company. Our mission is to confront our planet's biggest challenge, climate change, by creating a planet run by the sun. This mission requires passion, determination and a diverse growing army of talented professionals. Explore joining our mission by connecting with Sunrun's Talent Network or submitting an application to this job today.
Sunrun launched its New Homes Channel in 2017 to deliver the best solar and storage solutions to homebuilders. We are growing the team and are looking for a talented, energetic Sales Manager to lead development and growth of new and existing homebuilder partners in either NorCal or SoCal.
You will be given a high level of responsibility and autonomy to create success. Our team culture encourages you to consistently find better ways to deliver our New Homes Program to homebuilders. You will have the opportunity and responsibility to engage with industry leading homebuilders. You will be joining a highly-collaborative team where people step up for one another. While we have industry-leading solar solutions for homebuilders, we understand that in New Homes, execution is the product. We plan, act and communicate accordingly both internally and with our builder partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Focus on medium to large homebuilders that build more than 100 homes per year, including divisions of the top 10 National homebuilders. Research the region for target customers, attend networking events and become the New Homes expert within Sunrun for your region. Ideally, leverage your existing deep relationships with homebuilders.
- Adopt, manage and grow the relationships with Sunrun's valued existing homebuilder partners. Secure a high level of wallet share for Sunrun with these builders. Ensure that our customers receive the best possible service and execution as it pertains to their solar requirements.
- Hunt, identify and intensely pursue new homebuilders. Cold-call/reach out, create interest in Sunrun's solar program and secure sales meetings. Understand and address the builders' solar requirements. Present the Sunrun New Homes Program, products and solutions with the primary purpose of gathering new business and signing new communities.
- Support the new builder on-boarding process, including review and coordination of all legal documents with the Sales Operations team, and other relevant paperwork. Overcome objections and tweak the New Homes program to address builder-specific requirements while staying within Sunrun's operational capabilities. Coordinate closely with Sales Operations and the New Homes Program Coordinator.
- Communicate proactively, follow-up, follow-through and build and grow lasting, trusting relationships with your accounts. Be the main point of contact for the builders as well as internal stakeholders in a responsive and educating manner.
- Secure new communities for Sunrun and support the award-process from early planning stage to design, permitting all the way to community launch. Communicate builder requirements to Sales Ops and program management.
- Agree on sales targets with New Homes sales management and develop a sales plan (i.e. target close rates, number of leads required etc.) and target builder lists to support the targets. Implement the plan quickly and aggressively. Document all customer contacts and sales activities and report on and review activities and progress weekly.
Key Activities and Characteristics
- You will play a major role in growing Sunrun's New Homes business through the development of strategies, problem solving and effective communication. You are succinct, able to distill complicated material in to an understandable message that can be clearly articulated either verbally or in writing and you understand the importance and function of varying audiences.
- You are confident and extremely adept at working with and influencing Manager-, Director and VP-level customers, delivering presentations and motivating key stakeholders both internally and externally.
- You have an attention to details, are organized and follow through on your commitments and persevere through perceived challenges. You possess the ability to work quickly and efficiently by effectively managing your time and work deadlines.
- You are a self-motivated, results-oriented individual who is comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment, are capable of harvesting new relationships while developing existing relationships and you possess the talent to influence high performing sales teams to achieve mutual sales and installation goals (of customer solar systems).
- You seek efficiencies in business processes to enhance partnership value beyond price and strive for an irreplaceable ease of conducting profitable business with Sunrun.
- You are capable of accurately forecasting on weekly, monthly and quarterly intervals while incorporating and analyzing historic sales data, comparative competitive and general market data.
- You will apply and influence documents and presentations capturing the New Homes Program details and requirements.
- You will coordinate and host new partner launch meetings, sales trainings for homebuilder agents and internal trainings for sales consultants.
- You will ensure that proper working relationships are established and processes and timelines are understood and supported by all parties.
- 5+ years of work experience in homebuilder industry, B2B sales, or Account Management.
- Enthusiasm, drive, and excitement to be a part of the solution and build a new channel for Sunrun.
- Ability to follow through - assert pressure as needed - to drive projects to completion.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple projects, competing priorities and tight deadlines while maintaining promptness in responses and deliverables.
- Knowledge of and experience in a broad spectrum of sales methodologies and practices
- Experience in managing a portfolio of customers to achieve revenue and share objectives
- Proficient in Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Ability and eagerness to hit the road.
- Ability to remain in a seated position for more than 50 percent of the workday.
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and or move up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to perform normal office duties.
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work.
- Ability to interact and participate in meetings.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top