Supervisor, PV System Design Engineering
The PV System Design Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision, technical and personal development, and deliverable oversight of a team of PV System Designers of various skill levels. The Supervisor is responsible for the administration of policies, procedures and documentation for the design team. On a daily basis, the Supervisor will be responsible for working with a variety of internal customers including Regional Operations, Human Resources, IT, Sales, Permitting, and other teams. This position requires an ability to think critically, collaboration with individuals and teams, and a passion for delivering high quality results.
- Manage a team of Associate Designers, PV System designers and Sr. PV System Designers;
- Hire, build, and grow great teams. Our talent distinguishes us from all other companies.
- Manage work schedules and timekeeping of direct reports through ADP Workforce
- Monitor meetings with direct reports and internal stakeholders in order to maintain standardization and drive both quality and process improvements;
- Actively manage the performance and goals of team members;
- Perform and track audits of design team;
- Drives safety, quality and efficiency - within the team and through designs;
- Mentor and motivate direct reports to achieve goals and objectives
- Coach direct reports through project challenges
- Deliver constructive feedback to direct reports
- Develop action plans with direct reports to improve performance or correct behavior
- Delegate and escalate appropriately;
- Demonstrate ethics and professionalism at all times;
- Bachelor's or Associate’s degree and 2 years of solar design experience required
- OR NABCEP (PV Installation Professional) certification and 2 years of solar design experience required
- Expert knowledge of the National Electric Code required
- Expert knowledge of residential construction techniques required
- Proficient knowledge Salesforce, Google Suite, AutoCAD
- Proficient coaching, mentoring and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, execute and follow up on initiatives
- Critical thinking and ability to solve problems
- Proven record of good judgment and analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineering, construction, and customer facing teams;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computing skills
- Strong desire to Create a Planet Run by the Sun!
- 2 years management experience
- Ability to perform normal office duties
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers
- Ability to interact and participate in meetings
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That’s why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women’s Network, Sunrun’s Veterans Network (“Liberty”), Women in Tech, and Sunrun’s LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top