Staff Accountant- Strategic Partnerships
The Staff Accountant will fulfill an important role in a rapidly-growing company within our Strategic Partnerships Accounting team. It is a hands-on position with a mix of accounting and operational duties, working on several of Sunrun’s entities. The entities are partnerships that lease solar energy systems to residential homeowners.
This is who we are:
If change means solving one of the biggest challenges of our time by reinventing the way people power their homes, then we say bring it on. It doesn’t hurt that we’re reducing carbon emissions, adding new jobs to the economy, and having fun while doing it. In 2007, Sunrun co-Founders Ed Fenster and Lynn Jurich set out to make home solar mainstream. Upfront cost was a huge barrier to home solar adoption, so they invented the model now known as "solar service." Sunrun allows homeowners to pay for solar power, not the panels. This means Sunrun owns, maintains, and monitors the system while homeowners pay for the electricity it produces. Each business day, we install $2 million worth of solar and facilitate one solar installation every 10 minutes. Our network of more than 30 leading solar installers employs more than 3,000 people.
- Accounting for numerous strategic partnerships (funds)
- Prepare complex journal entries and account reconciliations including but not limited to prepaid rent, deferred revenue, long-term and short-term debt, interest expense, various operating expenses and revenues, and equity accounts
- Responsible for recording accurate financial transactions in each entity in accordance with GAAP
- Record and reconcile inter-company activity, including inter-company payables, receivables, investments, and lease payments
- Experience with building and tailoring datasets to perform analysis based on various business requirements
- Prepare quarterly analytics
- Assist in external financial reporting processes
- Assist with the preparation and recording of investor capital calls and cash distribution activities
- Work with independent auditors to provide support for audited financial statements
- Assist with Oracle implementation tasks, such as user acceptance testing
- Assist with special projects as required
- Minimum B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience; public accounting experience preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in accounting
- Knowledge of operating and reporting structures and financial policies and procedures
- Thorough, detail-oriented, and performs effective self-reviews
- Is accountable. Takes ownership
- Demonstrates initiative to ask about new learning opportunities.
- Must be results-oriented with an ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Interested in building the skills to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Ability to evaluate priorities and multi-task accordingly
- Interested in building the skills to become familiar with technical and operational issues
- Pull, structure and analyze large datasets, with data coming from a variety of sources including but not limited to Oracle, Salesforce.
- Strong knowledge of Excel required
- Knowledge of Oracle Applications-R12 preferred
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Back to top