Sr. Staff Product Manager (Energy Services)
Sunrun is the nation's leading home solar, battery storage, and energy services company. Our mission is to confront our planet's biggest challenge, climate change, by creating a planet run by the sun. This mission requires passion, determination and a diverse growing army of talented professionals. Explore joining our mission by connecting with Sunrun's Talent Network or submitting an application to this job today.
As the nation's largest residential Solar/CleanTech company, Sunrun is on a mission to transform our energy system into the modern and sustainable grid of the future, while making clean, renewable energy accessible to all residential households.
To realize this vision, Sunrun is developing advanced technologies, products and services designed to reinvent the way people power their homes and how the grid is modernized. We are actively hiring world-class talent in our Software Product Management team focused on achieving excellence in our platform and services. You will work alongside other passionate product managers, engineers and business leads engaged in the design and development of advanced energy services that are making real positive impact on people and the planet.
If you are passionate about product development, data driven, execution oriented, and motivated by solving one of the biggest and most critical challenges of our time, then we say bring it on...help us disrupt a 100 year old industry and partake in advancing Sunrun's mission of creating a planet run by the sun.
- Define product vision, strategy, and go to market plans for the software solutions that manage and optimize Sunrun's Solar and Brightbox battery systems to deliver high performance energy services to both customers and grid operators. Integrate these services with the complete customer journey and Sunrun operations.
- Work both strategically and tactically to deliver many features at a fast pace, and identify/evaluate next generation of opportunities across the platform
- Lead major cross functional initiatives and manage to specific business outcomes and KPIs
- Collaborate with and influence stakeholders across all areas of the organization to drive desired business outcomes
- Serve as a leader and mentor on a team that shares the passion of uncovering and delivering the next generation of data-driven experiences
- 10+ years of product management experience
- Substantial experience with and understanding of the data and software features required to manage, monitor, control, and optimize solar and energy storage systems for customers and the grid
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics, or equivalent practical experience. MBA is a plus.
- Experienced senior product leader who blends strong technical, business and people skills with a refined product sense and strong empathy for users
- A doer who can champion a product vision, strategy, and roadmap, but can also roll up your sleeves to help the team get the job done
- Strong team player who supports their team in all regards and embraces ownership, accountability and responsibility for the team's work
- Strong product sense and familiarity with UI/UX best practices
- Process-thinker who can continuously reinvent and improve how we do things
- Communicator who keeps executives, stakeholders, users, product teams, and engineers aware of what's happening now and motivated for what's to come
- Storyteller who inspires with your vision
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top