Sr. Manager, Talent Business Partner
Sunrun is the nation's leading home solar, battery storage, and energy services company. Our mission is to confront our planet's biggest challenge, climate change, by creating a planet run by the sun. This mission requires passion, determination and a diverse growing army of talented professionals. Explore joining our mission by connecting with Sunrun's Talent Network or submitting an application to this job today.
At Sunrun - we are solving one of the biggest challenges of our time: we are a Solartech company reinventing the way people power their homes and making Solar mainstream.
We are reducing carbon emissions, adding new jobs to the economy, and having fun while doing it. In 2007, Sunrun co-Founders Ed Fenster and Lynn Jurich set out to make home solar mainstream. Upfront cost was a huge barrier to home solar adoption, so they invented the model now known as "Solar as a Service." Sunrun allows homeowners to pay for solar power, not the panels. This means Sunrun owns, maintains, and monitors the system while homeowners pay for the electricity it produces. Each business day, we install $2 million worth of solar and facilitate one solar installation every 10 minutes. Our network of more than 30 leading solar installers employs more than 4,600 people.
One of the key drivers to our success is an exceptional emphasis on our people and customers. Sunrun is looking for a business minded, Talent HRBP to support our Corporate G&A organization to drive engagement, organizational rigor and strong partnership with our senior most leaders.
Who will love this job:
- A partner and connector who builds trusted relationships with senior leaders by providing deep insights and helping them see around corners and keep a strong pulse on our people
- A business partner who deeply understands Sunrun's strategy and Talent strategy and able to apply the strategic lens to the specific functional needs and challenges
- A strong eye on talent attraction, retention and growth and development strategies
- A collaborator, who gets energy from working with leaders to create the best possible teams and organizational structures
- A strategic thinker whose decisions are informed by data, experience and Sunrun's operating principles - able to drive quantitative rigor to support observations, qualitative thinking
- A coach who loves building and developing high-impact teams
- A strategist and scaler, who can connect the dots between where we're going and how we need to nudge the organization to get there
- Act as a coach, partner, and confidant to managers and leaders in the Corporate G&A organization
- Advocate for and serve as a resource for Sunrun employees
- Partner with People Programs, People Operations, Total Rewards, Recruiting, Inclusion and Diversity and Education to develop programs that continually elevate the engagement and caliber of Sunrunners
- Analyze people data and trends to inform strategic decisions
The ideal candidate will have:
- A background of at least 7-10 years as an HR business partner with a mix of experience in fast-growing and more established organizations
- Experience partnering and influencing senior leaders to help drive their people strategy and increase business results
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes, and a very detail-oriented
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to partner and influence across diverse groups and experience levels
- Results oriented go getter
- Previous HR or business experience in Sales & Operations, Technology, Marketing, Finance or Legal
- MBA or business, management consulting, change management experience
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top