Sr. Manager, Purchasing
Reporting to the Senior Director of Supply Chain, this position will be responsible for the effective management of the company’s procurement processes and executing sourcing strategies for the Corporate Procurement area which includes IT, Telecom, Marketing, HR, Finance, Consulting, & Travel for Sunrun. This position will utilize Oracle and other Procurement system capabilities to capture data in various spend categories under the Corporate procurement, and leverage this spend to effect significant cost savings & working capital improvements for the business. This role has day-to-day interaction with all business units and personnel responsible for various functions within all levels of the organization.
Who We Are: If change means solving one of the biggest challenges of our time by reinventing the way people power their homes, then we say bring it on. It doesn’t hurt that we’re reducing carbon emissions, adding new jobs to the economy, and having fun while doing it. In 2007, Sunrun co-Founders Ed Fenster and Lynn Jurich set out to make home solar mainstream. Upfront cost was a huge barrier to home solar adoption, so they invented the model now known as "solar service." Sunrun allows homeowners to pay for solar power, not the panels. This means Sunrun owns, maintains, and monitors the system while homeowners pay for the electricity it produces. Each business day, we install $2 million worth of solar and facilitate one solar installation every 10 minutes. Our network of more than 30 leading solar installers employs more than 3,000 people.
- Develop & deploy comprehensive Category level strategies.
- Procurement governance including Global Procurement policies and processes to drive compliance and address non-compliance through the appropriate channels as required.
- Provide leadership in the initiation and deployment of extensive Procure to Pay (P2P) strategies, policy, process & tools.
- Provide corporate procurement leadership to various business stakeholders, including RFP development, market assessment, risk management, strategy development, contract negotiation, contract management, and product management.
- Apply analytical skills to understand and accurately communicate trends and supply market opportunities and conditions. Provide forecasts and analysis required for financial, capital, and strategic planning and budgeting. Educate stakeholders on market dynamics and metrics.
- Apply planning skills to identify and prioritize procurement initiatives, and to allocate appropriate time and resources to work within agreed project timelines. Follow up on suppliers and stakeholders to close negotiations and contracts.
- Communication at all levels; Align and collaborate with Business leaders, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders (including suppliers) to implement agreed to strategies and provide ongoing oversight regarding performance.
- Category management, relationship management, and influencing skills to develop shared objectives that ensure all stakeholder expectations align with procurement initiatives and activities.
- Negotiate and manage contracts by understanding various obligations to mitigate risk and add maximum value. Manage existing contracts, dispute resolution, changes, renewal, default, etc.
- Participate as part of a cross-functional team in the qualification and ongoing audit of the supply base including - Identify key suppliers; pro-actively monitor their health, and performance levels. Work with internal stakeholders to provide routine structured feedback through score-carding and Supplier Relationship Management.
- Responsible for driving payment terms improvement initiatives.
- Deliver timely communications to appropriate stakeholders and project members as needed.
- Drive execution of sourcing projects through all phases of – spend analysis, requirements, RFPs and execution while proactively finding creative solutions for road blocks.
- Lead the effort to eliminate waste, standardize, and globalize requisition-to-purchase processes.
- Foster a culture of moving forward in a change environment and continuously assuring buy-in and ownership at all levels.
- Use of Lean and other business process improvement concepts to improve efficiencies and increasing velocity of procurement processes across the organization.
- Owner of e-Sourcing best practice strategies, tactics, and supporting tools. Manage the execution of all e-Sourcing auctions which includes conducting market research and analysis, data collection, financial analysis, RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs
MEASURES OF EFFECTIVENESS
- Facilitate achieving cost reductions and cost avoidance savings targets.
- Drive towards high level of Procure to pay policy & process adoptions and compliance.
- Maintain and provide a current understanding of industry best practices and market trends.
- Build relationships with and influence clients, coworkers and management in a clear, concise and timely manner.
- Lead migration to best practices and advise on category & spend trends.
- Proactively make improvement recommendations to existing processes and tools landscape.
- Strategically utilize e-Sourcing technologies to develop and implement RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs.
- Evaluate supplier capabilities and establish sources for new technologies and in new markets as business requirements dictate.
REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND OTHER SKILLS)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 8-10 years progressive experience in strategic sourcing/procurement
- Experience in managing a team and people development.
- Working knowledge of best practices, negotiating, benchmarking, purchasing methodology, and strategy development
- Ability to work and periodically present to the senior leadership team. Build relationships, influence and negotiate without authority across all levels of the organization.
- Expert in program management and execution skills
- Strong communicator, presenter and collaborator, possessing ability to understand and communicate
- Ability to act with conviction to make decisions in the context of ambiguity and risk.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to present solutions clearly and concisely.
- Self-starter who can work effectively on an individual and team basis
- Results driven and proven records of success through key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ability to summarize results and report to management on a periodic basis
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun, AEE Solar and SnapNrack are equal opportunity employers. We hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability
Meet Some of Sunrun's Employees
Director, Regional Operations
Daryl and his team handle the post-sale permitting, scheduling, dispatching, and installation of Sunrun systems for the southwest region of the United States.
Back to top