Sr. Manager, Mechanical Engineering
The Sr. Manager of Engineering reports to the VP of SnapNrack, and plans and directs all aspects of SnapNrack’s Design Engineering, and Compliance Engineering functions:
Lead a high Performing Engineering Organization:
- Direct management of Design, and Compliance Engineering.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture with the team.
- Develops major goals to support broad organizational objectives
- Ensures all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives
- Manages overall engineering budget and costs
- Manage team to productivity, innovation, and quality metrics, and report to the broader management team.
- Developing and Recruiting top engineering talent
- Drive Engineering team to provide best in class product designs aimed at driving down the cost of residential solar.
- Take a leading role with product management on defining product requirements, as well as prioritizing upcoming products in the funnel
- Provide expert knowledge to team on product designs.
- Create and maintain strategy for engineering with in-house design resources, as well as outsourced resources, to ensure scalability for both product/manufacturing scope as well as volume of products.
- Actively work with Sunrun and other key customers to maintain an understanding of their needs in a dynamic industry.
- With product management, continuously define VAVE opportunities with existing products.
- B.S. in Mechanical, civil, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering
- 10 years professional experience, at least 7 in engineering management
- Knowledge of both 2-D and 3-D CAD systems, preferably AutoDESK products
- Experience with Structural Design, and Structural Design Codes
- Experience managing external consulting engineering partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Demands and Travel:
- Travel up to 25% of the time, heavier during new product launches.
- Able and Willing to climb up on roofs with customers to install product and receive feedback
- Typical office duties, including light lifting and working in an office setting for full days.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Back to top