Sr. Dev Ops Engineer
Sunrun is the nation's leading home solar, battery storage, and energy services company. Our mission is to confront our planet's biggest challenge, climate change, by creating a planet run by the sun. This mission requires passion, determination and a diverse growing army of talented professionals. Explore joining our mission by connecting with Sunrun's Talent Network or submitting an application to this job today.
Who We Are
Sunrun is on a mission to make solar energy affordable for more people. We help people upgrade their home to solar energy without the big upfront costs. Sunrun is the leading dedicated residential solar company in the country and has a mission to bring clean, solar power service to the masses.
About Sunrun Software Engineering
We're hiring world-class software engineering talent to help our infrastructure keep up with daunting growth rates. We are literally working to change the world and revolutionizing the way people use renewable energy.
Want to assist developers building massively scalable consumer systems? Re-invent how consumers buy energy? Have a measurable impact on one of humanity's biggest challenges? Come to Sunrun. You'll work alongside passionate engineers engaged in the design and development of a product that is changing the world.
As a DevOps Engineer, you'll work collaboratively with software engineering to deploy the micro services that compose our Brightpath Platform, which is the first automated end to end software platform for the Solar Industry and is the foundation of Sunrun's success in the marketplace. You will help automate and streamline our operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. And troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Experience maintaining high-availability production environments.
- Ability & willingness to be available on-call periodically outside of business hours.
- Ability to work on-site most (90%) of work days. Occasional WFH accepted/encouraged.
- Ability to debug and diagnose large distributed systems and proactively work with other engineers to ensure quality products.
- Heavy familiarity with AWS and GCP technologies.
- Strong Linux / BASH scripting / administration skills .
- Experience in at least one high level language (Java, Python.)
- Experience with Docker in production.
- Jenkins and/or Jenkins Pipeline experience.
- Familiarity with most of the following AWS Services: EC2, ECS, RDS, DynamoDB, Cloudformation, Cloudwatch, SQS, Redshift, KMS, VPC.
- Experience building Java 8 or other JVM-languages.
- Hashicorp suite of tools: Consul, Packer, Vault, Terraform.
- Experience with Elasticsearch or other forms of centralized logging.
- Experience deploying mobile apps.
- Experience with monitoring tools.
- Experience managing databases.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Meet Some of Sunrun's Employees
Oshaylee is responsible for communicating with customers and leading her crew members when conducting installations. She’s accountable for work safety and time efficiency.
Back to top