Sr. Data Scientist, Customer Acquisition and Lifecycle
- San Francisco, CA
This role will work cross-functionally with the sales, marketing, product, pricing, software, and business development teams with the goal of driving demand for Sunrun -- specifically by helping both the sales and marketing teams to more efficiently acquire, activate, and retain customers. As a subject matter expert with a dedicated focus on driving business from data, you are passionate about growing the business and hitting your goals; in order to achieve this, you think in an unexpected way across analytic and creative human-centered solutions.
- Working across departmental partners, own the production and evolution of key company critical metrics like CPO, ROAS, CAC, conversion, and churn.
- Manages large and sophisticated analytical projects from data exploration, model building, performance evaluation, and testing.
- Partner with the acquisition teams to analyze marketing efficacy, build instrumentation that enables us to optimize our marketing efficacy across channels, and construct novel models from first, second, and third-party data that enable us to better predict customer value at the time of acquisition.
- Support our lifecycle team to analyze our corpus of user and product data to define key activation and engagement metrics. Feeding those measures into LTV and churn models and partnering in the design, execution, and analysis of experiments that target key critical metrics.
- Use our proprietary first-party dataset to build enriched metadata and modeled features of our users that serve as inputs to our optimization models and provide our company with a higher fidelity view on the usage of our products.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and sophisticated business problems.
- Develop and instrument a framework for analyzing and optimizing the success of our partnerships with reporting and targeting capabilities.
- Working in conjunction with our partners in marketing, finance, and product - be a good partner in the experimentation process from hypothesis design and supporting data, to audience selection through execution and analysis.
- Develops sophisticated algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes.
- Collaborates with business partners to develop technical /business approaches and new or improved technical tools.
- Minimum of 4 years of proven experience at the intersection of marketing, growth, and product with practical experience in both optimization and experiment design. Experience with paid acquisition channels on at least one of the major platforms (Facebook, Google, LinkedIn) and experience building multi-channel attribution models is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience constructing and deploying scalable machine learning and decision systems with an end consumer focus.
- Expertise in experimental design - from inception and mining to support hypothesis generation through test design, execution, and analysis.
- Practical experience mining high dimensional transaction data, synthesizing and visualizing the data at varying levels - from expert partners to investors.
- Mastery in extracting insights from data to get results. Ability to get qualitative and quantitative insights that you can synthesize into business recommendations.
- Results-oriented and metrics-driven. Outstanding ROI-tracking skills, able to prove what is -or isn't-working
- A polished communicator - comfortable presenting sophisticated topics to both technical and non-technical audiences and tailoring communications - written, verbal, and presentations.
- Experience managing internal and external partners and expertise dealing with third-party vendors and retrieving data from external sources.
- Desire to guide and mentor members in your area of expertise.
- Reading your audience and adapting - you'll be delivering your analyses to both founders and first-day employees.
- Storytelling - being able to supplement the what, with the why.
- Curiosity and a desire to solve hard problems in an imperfect world.
- Stakeholder management and prioritization.
- Thriving at the intersection of technical and business problems.
- An advanced degree in a quantitative subject area is nice to have.
- Knowledgeable in the renewables and/or energy market landscape a plus
- Self-starter with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top