Sr. Counsel, Project Finance
Sunrun is looking for an exceptional attorney to expand our legal team! Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, in this role you will be a significant contributor of the team. As Project Finance Senior Counsel, you will structure, negotiate, draft and close project finance transactions and other recourse, non-recourse and limited recourse financing transactions for Sunrun, as well as certain commercial agreements, on general corporate matters and provide legal guidance to all divisions of the Sunrun.
- Structure, negotiate, draft and close project finance agreements, including tax equity, “back-leverage”, SREC financing transaction and other recourse, non-recourse and limited recourse financing transactions.
- Work with General Counsel and Assistant General Counsel on general finance matters and other transactions as needed.
- Advise business teams on contract terms and legal risks of various deals.
- Act as a key business partner and advisor to Sunrun’s project finance, asset management, treasury, accounting, operations, and product teams.
- Respond to legal requests and queries from individuals in all areas and all levels within the organization, and proactively recognize and address potential legal issues as they arise.
- Provide practical, business-oriented and actionable advice in terms non-lawyers can understand.
- Undertake special projects as required to support new business initiatives and advise internal clients accordingly from both a legal and business perspective.
- JD degree from an ABA accredited university.
- Must be a member in good standing of the California Bar.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a large law firm in the corporate finance, structured finance, project finance or other comparable department and/or in-house law department drafting and negotiating a variety of project finance and/or structured finance agreements, and working on general finance and corporate law matters.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in an intense, fast-paced environment required.
- Strong analytical and problem-resolution skills; exceptional business judgment, with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice by balancing business needs with legal risks.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with, and gain the respect of, stakeholders at all levels and functions of the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various departments and levels within Sunrun.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Back to top