Sr. Category Manager, Indirect Procurement
- Denver, CO
The Sr. Category Manager, Indirect Procurement, executes effective procurement strategies, from initial identification of procurement needs for indirect goods and services. Responsible for negotiating, coordinating, and assuring that assigned indirect spend categories and services are purchased at the lowest possible cost. Assesses near-term and long term plans to establish that supplier priorities are balanced with business needs; consults with Sr. Management, and other subject matter experts to develop alternative solutions; advises on options, risks, total cost of ownership, and business impacts.
- Execute strategic sourcing strategies, best practices, and initiatives that support aggressive improvements in supplier performance, total cost effectiveness, enhanced service levels, improved coordination, deliverables, pricing, lead-times, payment, risk compliance and other areas as identified.
- Executes assigned category sourcing strategies including development and execution of RFI's and RFP's, documents bid events through correspondence to suppliers utilizing e-commerce strategies including reverse auctions; develops selection criteria and drives the selection of suppliers in collaboration with a cross-functional teams; conducts supplier negotiations and ongoing supplier management.
- Actively seeks ways to streamline business processes; researches and provides information on industry category trends and best practices. Provide procurement input to maximize procurement leverage, optimize project design and minimize project duration and cost.
- Develop negotiation strategies, gain alignment from stakeholders, lead cross-functional, category-based negotiation teams, and implementing appropriate supplier risk analysis. Directly negotiate with suppliers that require a detailed strategic plan and have a direct correlation with companies' operational needs and goals.
- Deep dive current spend information/data to identify sourcing projects for individual subcategories, and develop an overall cost reduction plan. Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of business requirements and category ownership by creating and defending category strategies and decisions with sound analytics. Leads analytic tasks and synthesizes results.
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure that delivery dates and technical and contractual requirements are met. Participate in strategic meetings with suppliers and business leaders to ensure execution of defined strategies. Manages day-to-day on-going category supplier relations and seeks out growth or revision opportunities within supply base. Acts as the internal point of contact for supplier management and complaint resolution; conducts regular supplier meetings and implements improvement strategies with suppliers. Creates, nurtures, and enhances supplier relationships.
- Aggressively manages category performance by adhering to internal Savings goals and reviewing financial models for commodity type items. Ensure spend portfolio for recurring managed spend is balanced through coordinated sourcing waves and leveraged with project sourcing activities.
- Drive consolidation of spend and seek out synergies across Business Units where applicable, by forming and leading cross-functional strategic sourcing teams to develop and implement category/commodity strategies and to drive cost from individual spend sub-categories. Champions weekly assigned category review meetings with cross-functional teams to manage category performance.
- Self-motivated and directed within an individual contributor role.
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 5 years of procurement experience, including minimum 3 years category management experience, OR High School diploma and equivalent work experience.
- Strong experience in supplier negotiations and sourcing strategy development.
- Excellent ability to collaborate with internal and external resources.
- Experience managing, projects and/or cross functional teams.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Excellent analytical and teamwork skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to present complex issues and solutions clearly and concisely and to communicate requirements and constraints related to technical and data analysis.
- Ability to interact with colleagues at various levels of management and influence decisions.
- Proven ability to manage difficult projects from start to finish.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently.
- Self-starter with a high level of dedication who can work effectively on an individual and team basis.
- Advanced G-Suite, MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Oracle Business Intelligence (BI) skills
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- At least 3 years of experience in data analytics of spend
Back to top