Sr. BI Analytical / Software Engineer
Sr BI Analytical / Software Engineer
The Business Intelligence Department operates and maintains Analytical platform on GCP /Looker. Our goal is to maximize customer satisfaction, financial performance, and resource efficiency. The BI engineer is responsible for Sunrun’s overall analytical initiative. This role is a combination of statistician + computer scientist + designer + leader. Recommendations will directly influence the way Sunrun operates and maintains existing BI Enterprise solution in areas of Solar production, Sales Platform, Web analytics, Salesforce, ERP applications. This individual will also contribute to BI Product Platform for grid monitoring services, customer services, pipeline management, utility ingestion
As a Sr. member of the team, an excellent candidate will demonstrate experience guiding and supporting their and other teams in various analytical functions. This is a high impact opportunity to shape Sunrun’s strategy as we continue to lead the residential solar industry.
- Improve the accuracy and reliability of solar performance estimations
- Identify and characterize the root cause of variance between expected and actual performance
- Translate this variance analysis into actionable recommendations for the Field Service team
- Develop a strong understanding of business processes for functions such as Sales, Finance, and HR in order to be able to better support their Business Intelligence needs.
- Take dashboard requirements from concept to reality.
- Evangelize Sunrun’s Business Intelligence solutions across the enterprise.
- Analyze information and reporting business requirements, explore and evaluate various options, develop a prototype using reporting and dashboard tools up front in the project life cycle thereby validating the requirements, eliminating ambiguity and providing early
- visibility to the business on the final solution.
- Participate in the design of the Data warehouse data model and provide input and feedback from a Business Intelligence tool perspective.
- Translate the functional requirements to high-level design and build technical specifications document.
- Work closely with BI Architect in designing and developing logical models, reports, dashboards and implement report security solutions.
- Create complex logical models while enabling them for users in an intuitive fashion.
- Participate and assist in User Acceptance Testing, train super users and power users on usage of the tool and the solution.
- Utilizing AWS ECS, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Athena, S3, API Gateway, CloudFormation, with Node.js and Java to deliver grid monitoring services, nearby customer services, online sales offers, and utility ingestion.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 10+ years work experience
Expert level Extract Transform Load (ETL) experience using Python, Spark, Hadoop,Apache Beam, or similar technologies
- Advanced skills and programming experience with Java or Python
- Experience with Big Data and knowledge of data warehousing concepts, methodologies, and frameworks
- SQL & NoSQL analytical expertise, data modeling, and relational database experience
- Experience on Unix/Linux OS, general server administration and Shell scripting experience required
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with Machine Learning methods and libraries
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a business-focused audience.
- Familiarity with applied machine learning and data mining techniques to gain unexpected insights and applying sophisticated data modeling techniques to identify underlying trends and patterns (supervised/unsupervised classification, time series, probabilistic models)
- Expert user of statistical analysis tools (e.g. MatLab, R, JMP, Python, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud platforms such as GCP (dataproc, dataflow, big query, cloud sql, big table)
- Experience working with Cloud solutions , preferably with GCP - Data flow , Data proc , NoSQL data sources (e.g. Hadoop, Dynamo, MongoDB, etc.)
- Data visualization experience using Looker
- Excellent data visualization skills and ability to create interactive visualizations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience interacting with senior executives
- Excellent organizational skills and managing multiple projects
- Proactive and energetic
- Adaptability and comfort working in an unstructured and evolving environment
- Ability to perform normal office duties
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine the accuracy of work
- Ability to interact and participate in meetings
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That’s why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women’s Network, Sunrun’s Veterans Network (“Liberty”), Women in Tech, and Sunrun’s LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top