The Senior Accountant position is a critical role for our rapidly-growing company within our Revenue accounting team. This person will work in close partnership with the Accounts Payable, Fund Accounting, Operations and IT teams, as well as serving as a point of contact for our external auditors. All entities this Senior Accountant will be working on are both stand-alone and special purpose, used as financing vehicles for the Company.
- Responsible for recording accurate financial transactions in each entity in accordance with GAAP
- Reconcile deferred revenue and revenue accounts on a monthly basis to ensure that revenue is posting correctly to the general ledger
- Prepare complex journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations for Accounts Receivable, Deferred Revenue, and Revenue accounts
- Manipulate and reconcile large volumes of data in Excel from sources such as Oracle and Salesforce
- Work with independent auditors on preparation and delivery of account reconciliations and schedule preparation
- Facilitate and maintain internal cross-departmental relationships
- Assist with special projects as required
- Minimum B.S./B.A. degree in Accounting, CPA preferred but not required
- 4+ years Accounting experience
- Must have month-end close experience
- Thorough and detail oriented with an ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must possess the initiative to collaborate with various departments to satisfy task completion
- Ability to identify problems and discrepancies, independently perform research and analysis of causes, and recommend corrective actions
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfort with manipulating and managing large amounts of data
- Knowledge of Oracle Applications-R12 preferred
Solar Careers For All
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top