The Solar Technician is responsible for performing site surveys on upcoming projects and the preparation and completion of required inspections.
- Perform site audits on sold systems when applicable (take measurements, photographs, notes, and shading measurements of project sites)
- Responsible for scheduling, preparing (completing pre-inspection QA/QC checklist), and completing site inspections
- Meet with customers and discuss project details in order to accommodate their needs
- Prepare project documentation for construction teams
- Utilize software systems to record progress of various tasks
- Support branch admin team with organization as it pertains to site assessment and inspection documentation
Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business. Must maintain a clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check. Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
- High School diploma is required, college degree is preferred
- 1-3+ years of previous field construction experience preferred
- Must be a motivated team player, looking to succeed
- PV design or PV Electrical experience is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Professional appearance and interaction
- Strong computer skills
- Maintain valid Driver’s License and must be able to travel to multiple sites throughout the day
- Ability to work safely in a branch/warehouse environment
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work
- Ability to interact with co-workers and participate in meetings
- Ability to work on rooftops with various angles and surfaces
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That’s why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women’s Network, Sunrun’s Veterans Network (“Liberty”), Women in Tech, and Sunrun’s LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top