Service Designer / Strategist
WHO WE ARE
Sunrun is the nation’s largest residential solar, storage and energy services company. With a mission to create a planet run by the sun, Sunrun has led the industry since 2007 with its solar-as-a-service model, which provides clean energy to households with little to no upfront cost and at a saving compared to traditional electricity. Sunrun designs, installs, finances, insures, monitors and maintains the systems, while families receive predictable pricing for 20 years or more.
Solar is an emerging marketplace and solar-as-a-service can be a complex system. By joining our dynamic cross-functional experience team at Sunrun, you will be helping us not only solve a meaty problem but also be part of a larger movement.
As a service designer/strategist, you will help Sunrun create a best-in-class customer experience that spans solar awareness, adoption and their solar journey. This is a unique role, where you will lead experience initiatives and collaborate with cross-functional teams like operations, sales, software, customer care and marketing to drive a compelling customer experience across multiple platforms. We’re looking for someone who can help shape our work, team and process, while evangelizing human-centered design and designing elegant experiences within business constraints.
As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will:
- Lead teams/initiatives through the design cycle: Customer research, mapping opportunities within constraints, concept development, prototyping, testing and cross-functional alignment
- Map customer’s (lifetime) journey to help establish what good looks like
- Leverage your experience design skills to design for the moments that matter
- Express our brand DNA across various channels and touchpoints (physical and digital)
- Look at the big picture and help us pivot where necessary, both for our customers and internal stakeholders
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative customer research that inform design decisions in quick and nimble ways
- Design prototypes, testing environments and define clear metrics to prove out an opportunity + inform business decisions
- 7+ years of work experience
- Strong portfolio of design leadership and structured thinking to drive business outcomes
- Bachelor’s and/or graduate degree in Experience Design, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, New Media, HCI or other relevant degree.
- Extensive experience with a variety of graphic and interactive prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Principle, InVision, etc.
- Systems thinking: You love complex questions and use your work to communicate that complexity in simple ways.
- Team skills: You work best in a participatory, team-based environment. You support and inspire teams through collaboration as well as direction and vision.
- Prototyping: You are ready to learn from failure, embrace an iterative process and you understand that success comes sooner with trial and error.
- Human-centered: You understand basic human-centered design philosophy, embrace ambiguity, and excited to coach others to adopt new practices. .
- Beyond design: You know how to navigate a data and operations driven environment to prove that experience can help sustainable business decisions.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.
Back to top